Search for content in message boards

Owen and Duncan Collins, Claiborne County, 1830

Replies: 1

Owen and Duncan Collins, Claiborne County, 1830

Posted: 1490466339000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Collins, Fields
I am looking for any information on a man named Owen Collins who lived in Claiborne County in the 1830 Census. He was born between 1790-1800. He had a wife, also born between 1790 and 1800, and seven children (4 sons, 3 daughters). I think Owen Collins and his wife died before the 1840 Census because they are not found anywhere in the Census. I believe their oldest son may have been Duncan Collins who later moved to Grainger County. In the 1840 Census, Duncan and his wife Polly (maiden name Fields) have two extra children living with them who were born several years before they were married. I think these two children are two of Owen Collins's other children (that is, Duncan's younger siblings). In 1850, Duncan and Polly have a Frances Fields, 17, living with them. She married a man named Owen Collins (my ancestor) in 1853. I think is a possibility that Duncan and and the younger Owen Collins were brothers or otherwise related because they have the same last name, lived near each other, married women from the same family, and Duncan had extra children living with him in the 1840 Census, one of whom is the right age for Owen Collins (potentially the son of the Owen Collins from the 1830 Census). Just to provide more information, Polly Fields Collins died around 1850-1853, and Duncan married Nancy Hampton in 1854. Frances Fields Collins died before 1869, when Owen (sometimes listed as Erwin or John Erwin) Collins married Sarah Shropshire in Union County. I hope that makes sense. I know it is a complicated story, and it is only a guess about what actually happened. If you would like clarification or more information, please let me know. Thanks for your help!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
KeithCollins1... 1490466339000 
judyartley261... 1497552707000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic