Search for content in message boards

APP/QUILLEN STANIFER

Replies: 1

Re: APP/QUILLEN STANIFER

Posted: 1505878810000
Classification: Query
Hello! My name is Jenny Stanifer. My great-grandfather was Onnie Monroe Stanifer. His mother was Mary Stanifer. She came here from Ireland in the 1800's from what I understand as a widow and had him and his brother Edd Stanifer in Claiborne, Tennessee and later married a William Leukado and had Leland Leukado by him. My great grand father Onnie had told my grandfather that his last name should be Quillen but changed it to Stanifer because he beat a man to death for flirting with my great grandmother with his bare knuckles (His words)and then left Kentucky and later ended up in Indiana and stayed there. I've always wondered where the Stanifer connection came from. I'm not sure if it's his mom's maiden name or his real father's last name or if Mary married a Stanifer and he took that last name. His death certificate shows Mary Stanifer and Logan Stanifer as his parents but Logan Stanifer doesn't fit as far as the age. Onnie was born in 1884. I know Mary was born Oct. 1864 and was told both Onnie and Edd were born illegitimate. Any information you can give would be Great! Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lonpurk 1077224479000 
jenlfrancis20 1505878810000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic