Several early pastors of Saint Bernard, Easton, were also pastors of Saint John in Haycock. At the time of Father Reardon, St. John only had a Rectory, with a room used as a chapel. St. Bernard only had a church, with no Rectory. So, like some combined parishes with one priest today, services were only held at one place depending on the Sunday. In 1847 the two parishes covered almost 600 square miles. Father Reardon also traveled to Lambertville and Belvidere, New Jersey to celebrate the sacraments.