Search for content in message boards

Minnie Ethlynd Suggs Ward Gerhart Walker

Replies: 10

Re: Minnie Ethlynd Suggs Ward Gerhart Walker

Posted: 29 Jan 2010 12:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Yes! My g.grandmother, Thetis, is the woman on the far right. I have pictures of her in the same hat, and have the glasses she is wearing in my possession! This I am 100% positive. I'm sure Cornelius is the older gentleman in the front, (my g.g.grandfather).

I am 99% sure the younger girl standing in front to the right of Cornelius is my grandmother, Annie O'neill Thomas Cantrell, and the other younger girl, (far left), is Annie's sister, Ina Thomas Harrison. (Both Thetis's daughter's). Because of this, I'm guessing that the youngest boy is one of their brothers either John Thomas Jr. or Ronald Thomas. I do not have a dob or dod for either brother yet, so I'm not sure which.
Is the older woman behind these girls possibly Minne? We know it's not Cornelius' daughter, Plummie, because she died in 1906. If it's not her, I'm guessing it's either Emma Rae, Gladys or Inez Suggs, (one of his daughters with Julia Eliza Fennel). On that note, I believe the older woman in front of Thetis is probably Julia, unless it is one of Cornelius' sisters.

I was unaware that our g.grandmothers had a brother named Alva? If so, maybe he is the handsome gentleman behind Cornelius? That would seem to make sense....Cornelius' children in back row, grandchildren in the front?

I think the guessed date of 1930 is probably pretty close, or maybe it's a few year later. I know that Thetis' husband, John Samuel Thomas, died sometime in the 1930's and left her unable to take care of her children and they had to live in an orphanage for a while.

Hope this helps. Some information in my tree is currently incorrect, but I'm just too busy to correct it now. There is also more info I have that hasn't gone into the tree.

Please contact me anytime with questions. I'm hoping to get a scanner soon, and I will put up photos. I may have pictures of your g.grandmother - even grandmother. I have so many pictures and have no idea who they are! I unfortunately did not know my grandmother much, only met her one time.

Sincerely,
Amanda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mona_lisaB 9 Sep 2004 6:35AM GMT 
theandersons3... 28 Jan 2008 7:51AM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 27 Jan 2010 3:23PM GMT 
theandersons3... 27 Jan 2010 3:48PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 27 Jan 2010 3:59PM GMT 
theandersons3... 29 Jan 2010 7:51PM GMT 
Dor2Tyme 19 Nov 2010 1:54AM GMT 
cassondraraga... 7 Apr 2011 10:10PM GMT 
mhazewinkel 15 Jan 2012 2:15AM GMT