I am descended from Frederick Floyd, born 1769, and moved into Horry County about 1785. His brothers were Francis Lewis, Samuel, and James. There may have been others. I have copies of articles from the Independent Republic Quarterlies addressing these men. However, the information is vaque. Like many others, I am trying to determine the parents of these men. Where they born in NC, VA or PA? Who was Frederick's wife or wives? His children are listed below:
1) Katherine Floyd born about 1790. married Samuel Garrell, Jr. I think there was another Katherine Floyd who married Samuel, Sr.
2) Samuel Floyd born 1790/1795. Moved to Mississippi.
3) James Floyd born 1791. Moved to Mississippi.
4) Nancy Ann Floyd born abt 1795. married Patrick Lewis, son of William Lewis.
5) Patience Floyd born about 1800. married Henry Garrell. Brother of Samuel, Jr.?
6) Wright Floyd born 1802. married Demaris ?
7) Anna Jane Floyd born 1805. Married Isaac Mincey.
8) William Everett Floyd born 1806. Married Martha Jane Ware,1837, in GA. moved on to MS.
9) Hardy Floyd born 1809. Married Mardlin Thompson, Moved to MS and possibly died there.
10) Mary Floyd born: one source says 1813, another says between 1790/1799.
11) Frederick Floyd, Jr born: one source says 1814, another late 1700's.
This is about all the info I have on this family. I am further descended through Wright Floyd and his wife Demaris. I dont know her last name. Any information on these families will be appreciated! I will share what I have with anyone who responds. An interesting story is that Fred Jr. was a ferry keeper in Nichols and that Nancy Ann Floyd was his half-sister. This seems to indicate Fred, Sr. may have been married twice.