Pond(s), Lytes, Swaggerts, Boozers in South Carolina

Replies: 1

Pond(s), Lytes, Swaggerts, Boozers in South Carolina

Maggie Pond(s) (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2001 8:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: PONDS, LYTES/LIDES, BOOZER, SWAGGERT
PONDS FAMILY SEARCH

I am searching for information about my PONDS great-great-grand parents who lived in Lexington
County, South Carolina. Since they do not appear there before 1880 (not found on 1870 census) I
surmised that they have been brought there from another county or state, , therefore I am searching
everywhere in SC including Abbeville County. Somebody somewhere has to know something about this family. I'm at my wits end
and there is no possibility of my going to SC. The family were Tri-Racials according to Bascom
(Lumbee, African American and European American. The information contained in the descendants
of Mark/MichaelPonds is verified through the 1880 Census Record of Hollow Creek Township,
Lexington County, South Carolina. The Ponds lived in Gilbert Hollow Township in Lexington
County. Columbia, S.C. is in Lexington County. This information is from the June 17, 1880 Census
of Gilbert Hollow Township, Page A427/37, Lines 10-18. Film 1834, State of South Carolina,
County of Lexington. (Lexington County). Michael and Francis Lytes Pond (age 50 & 37 in 1880
census). Children were:

1. Alice (born 1861) married R.B. Boozer. Two children prior to her marriage to Richard Boozer
were Moses Davis and Agnes or Anna, both born in Lexington County, South Carolina. The Boozer
children were born in Arkansas.
2. George, age 15 (was in Conway County, AR after 1880 and is buried there.) George married Ida
Swaggert, daughter of Hannibal Swaggert in 1888. George died Febrary 4, 1916.
3.Bascom, age 12 (AKA as "Backy" & John Bascom, married Ida Armstead in 1891 in Conway
County, AR) .
There was a second wife whose name was Ella/Ola/Ada Mason , age 31,also born in Tennessee.
Bascom died in Conway County, Arkansas October 1945.
4 Thomas, age 6 Thomas married Minnie Curtis from South Carolina. He lived and died in Contra
Costa County, California/ He died November 1, 1948.
5 Mary, age 5 (Don't know what happened to her)
6 Estelle, age 3 (Don't know what happened to her)
7 Lizzie or Elizabeth (Don't know anything about her)
8 Cromwell, age 1. Cromwell Pond lived in Salt Lake City, Utah in 1920 and was single. He
worked for one of the railway companies, as did Thomas. Cromwell died in Alameda County,
California November 23, 1941.
There may have also been a Rebecca or this is a family oral history error or middle name.

Maggie Ponds
meleponds@msn.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Maggie Pond(s) 1 Nov 2001 3:36AM GMT 
cristalnmycup 22 Mar 2012 4:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic