Search for content in message boards

John T., Helen Sauro, Minnie Sullivan, Nellie O'Sullivan, David Goggin, Thomas J. Goggin

Replies: 9

Re: John T., Helen Sauro, Minnie Sullivan, Nellie O'Sullivan, David Goggin, Thomas J. Goggin

Posted: 23 May 2009 6:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
THOMAS cont......

MA Archives Vital Records Search
http://www.sec.state.ma.us/arc/arcsrch/SearchWelcome.html

Goggin Thomas New Bedford 1903 536 259 Marriage
Barnett Catherine New Bedford 1903 536 259 Marriage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Massachusetts Death Index, 1970-2003 -
http://search.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/sse.dll?indiv=1&db=ma...

John B Goggin d. Taunton Certificate: 051490 11 Nov 1974 b. Rhode Island
SSDI -- John Goggin 20 Dec 1903 Nov 1974 Taunton, Bristol, Massachusetts

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK...This coincidence I don't believe myself ! I have been in contact with the owner of this tree because she has my paternal family in a branch of her tree as well as your Thomas Goggin, belongs to the same Yahoo genealogy group as I do and lives w/in acouple of miles of a child of mine who is attending university in the same city she lives in. She has your Thomas - ID: I15395 This tree is accesssble w/o a subscription and is at both Roots Web in their World Connect database of family trees as well as at Ancestry.......

http://awt.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=genedi...

Ancestors & Kin of Susan Crosby Finizia
a Rhode Island Based Family
~Newman, McConnell, Cahir, Dunlevy, Crosby~
Entries: 83580 Updated: 2009-05-15 13:17:23 UTC (Fri)
I won't put her contact info here but you can go to the link and see Thomas' portion of her tree as well as gain her contact info.

"If you find yourself listed, contact me,
I appreciate any and all input from all my family and those listed
This is a work in progress and constantly being added to and corrected.
I want to thank both my parents for their wisdom and input..
Bill and Ginnie so contributed to this project;.
I will never forget Uncle Em & UncleTom and Jeanne, my God mother and cousin who added so much."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
These obits are accessible on line only with the bar code from a RI Library however you can order copies pulled from the microfilms by contacting the Providence Public Library...contact info at end. Projo on line archives are from Dec 1983 - Present.

Thomas E. Goggin; founder, ex-owner of Sunnybrook Farm
Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Apr 17, 1985. pg. C-02

BARRINGTON --- Thomas E. Goggin, 75, of Stone Tower Lane, and 2800 S. Ocean Blvd., Boca Raton, Fla., founder and former owner of Sunnybrook Farm Inc., died Monday at Rhode Island Hospital. He was the husband of Virginia B. (Beirne) Goggin.

Born in East Providence, he was a son of the late Thomas J. and Catherine (Barnett) Goggin. He spent summers in Barrington and winters in Florida for nine years.

Mr. Goggin also formerly owned the Goggin Motor Sales, Seekonk. He had been in the milk business in Rhode Island for more than 30 years. He was a leader in the battle for the right to sell jug milk below the legal minimum price in Rhode Island. The business, which he sold in 1972, involved a chain of 65 stores in Rhode Island and Massachusetts. He was a member of the Rhode Island Country Club and the Warwick Country Club.

Besides his wife he leaves two daughters, Virginia G. McGinn of Warwick and Elizabeth W. Goggin of Barrington; a son, Thomas E. Goggin Jr. of Brunnen, Switzerland; a brother, Francis P. Goggin of Dighton; three sisters, Mary C. Corrigan of Providence, Louise V. Goggin of East Providence, Marguerite M. Guild of Barrington, and three granddaughters.

The funeral will be held Friday in East Providence at 9 a.m. from the W. Raymond Watson Funeral Home, 350 Willett Ave., East Providence, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 at St. Luke's Church, Washington Road. Burial will be in St. Ann's Cemetery, Cranston. [ With the DOD info you can learn what sect & plot she is buried in at St. Ann's...Providence Diocesian records for their cemeteries are kept by DOD only with no cross reference by name. The exception to this are the war death of WW II ]
KEYWORDS: obituary picture

SSDI --- Thomas Goggin 25 May 1909 Apr 1985 Barrington, Bristol, Rhode Island

OBITUARIES; [All Edition]
Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Oct 31, 2001. pg. C.05

Barrington

VIRGINIA B. GOGGIN, 93, of Terrace Drive, vice president and treasurer of the former Sunny Brook Farm for 25 years before she retired in 1972, died Monday at the Hattie Ide Chaffee Nursing Home, East Providence.

She was the wife of the late Thomas E. Goggin. Born in Providence, a daughter of the late John and Winifred (Dooley) Beirne, she had lived in Barrington since 1976. Mrs. Goggin was a communicant of St. Luke Church. She was a member of the Rhode Island Country Club, the Warwick Country Club and the Deer Creek Country Club in Deerfield, Fla.

She was an officer and secretary of the former Catholic Women's Club. She enjoyed golfing, traveling and bridge.

She leaves two daughters, Elizabeth W. Goggin of Barrington and Virginia G. McGinn of Warwick; a son, Thomas E. Goggin Jr. of Brunnen, Switzerland; and three granddaughters. She was the sister of the late John F. and George J. Beirne.

The funeral will be held Friday at 8:45 a.m. from the W. Raymond Watson Funeral Home, 350 Willett Ave., Riverside, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 in St. Luke Church, Washington Road, Barrington. Burial will be in St. Ann Cemetery, Cranston.

SSDI -- Virginia B. Goggin 27 Aug 1908 29 Oct 2001 Barrington, Bristol, Rhode Island

Virginia's sister ---
OBITUARIES-EAST GREENWICH-BEIRNE; [All Edition]
The Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Jun 8, 2005. pg. C.06

BEIRNE, MILDRED E., 87 years of Greenwich Bay Manor, a secondary education teacher for 36 years in the East Greenwich school system, retiring from Cole Jr. High, died Tuesday at Kent Regency Elder Care in Warwick. She was wife of the late George J. Beirne. Born in Providence, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Margaret (McConnell) Haire. She had lived in E. Greenwich most of her life. She leaves three nephews; C. Michael Haire, Stephen Haire and Thomas Goggin and three nieces; Penel Sykes, Virginia McGinn and Elizabeth Goggin. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Friday at 10 a.m. in Our Lady of Mercy Church, Fourth Ave., E. Greenwich. Visitation prior to Mass 9-9:30 a.m. in the Hill Funeral Home, 822 Main St., E. Greenwich. Burial will be in St. Patrick's Cemetery, E. Greenwich. In lieu of flowers donations may be made to the E. Greenwich Fireman's Scholarship Fund.

Mary C. Corrigan
Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Jan 26, 1989. pg. B-02

PROVIDENCE --- Mary C. Corrigan, 79, of 613 Angell St., died yesterday at Miriam Hospital. She was the widow of Dr. Francis V. Corrigan.

A lifelong Providence resident, she was a daughter of the late Thomas J. and Catherine A. (Barnett) Goggin.

Mrs. Corrigan was a graduate of the Rhode Island College of Education and president of the senior class. She was a member of the Eucharistic Guild of St. Sebastian's Church, the Woman's Auxiliary of the Rhode Island Medical Society and the East Providence High School Alumni Association.

She leaves five sons, Francis V. Corrigan Jr. of Silver Spring, Md., John E. Corrigan of Providence, Thomas J. Corrigan of East Providence, James J. and Donald W. Corrigan, both of Gaithersberg, Md.; a brother, Francis P. Goggin of Dighton, Mass.; two sisters, Louise V. Goggin of East Providence and Marguerite M. Guild of Barrington, and 10 grandchildren.

The funeral will be held Saturday at 9 a.m. from the J.F. Skeffington Chapel, 925 Chalkstone Ave., with a Mass of Christian Burial at St. Sebastian's Church, Cole Avenue, at 10. Burial will be in St. Ann's Cemetery, Cranston.

SSDI -- Mary C. Corrigan 25 May 1909 25 Jan 1989 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island

** No obit found for Dr. Francis V. Corrigan, however this appears to be his sister -
Anna I. Sullivan Longtime Providence resident, retired teacher, social worker
Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Aug 24, 1990. pg. B-04
NEWPORT --- Anna I. Sullivan, 79, of Broadway, a retired teacher and social worker.....Born in Providence, a daughter of the late James and Bridget (McHugh) Corrigan, she had lived in Providence for many years before moving to Newport......She was the sister of the late Margaret M. Serzan, Dr. Francis V. Corrigan and James J. Corrigan.

SSDI -- Two listed for Providence but one is too young to be Mary's husband so the other is a possibility -- Francis Corrigan 11 Jan 1901 Aug 1967 Providence, Providence, Rhode Island
....................................................................................

Seekonk FRANCIS P. GOGGIN; [ALL Edition]
Providence Journal - Bulletin. Providence, R.I.: Feb 07, 1997. pg. C.05

FRANCIS P. GOGGIN, 91, of Smith Street, a self-employed dairy farmer, died Wednesday at St. Vincent Hospital in Worcester, Mass. He was the husband of Constance C. (Beattie) Goggin.

Born in East Providence, a son of the late Thomas J. and Catherine A. (Barnett) Goggin, he had lived in Dighton, Mass., since 1974, previously living in North Seekonk.

Mr. Goggin had operated the Walnut Grove Farm in Seekonk, Mass., for many years, retiring in 1980.

He was a communicant of St. PeterChurch in Dighton, Mass. Mr. Goggin had taught Sunday school at Sacred Heart School.

Besides his wife, he leaves two daughters, Catherine A. Collins of East Douglas, Mass., and Margaret A. Reese of Bryantown, Md.; two sisters, Louise B. Goggin of Rumford, and Marguerite M. Guild of Barrington; and two grandsons. He was the brother of the late Thomas and John Goggin and Mary Corrigan.

The funeral will be held tomorrow at 8 a.m. from the William J. Smith & Son Funeral Home, 15 Church St.,Warren, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 9 in Sacred Heart Church, Taunton Avenue, East Providence. Burial will be in St. Ann Cemetery, Cranston.

SSDI -- Francis P. Goggin 10 Jun 1905 5 Feb 1997 Dighton, Bristol, Massachusetts [This was his Last Residence 02715 Dighton, Bristol, Massachusetts, United States of America]

** found no obit for wife Constance C. (Beattie) Goggin but it maybe that she moved and was residing with one of their children. this appears to be the obit of her brother.....

SSDI -- Constance C. Goggin 12 Jan 1922 31 May 2004 Douglas, Worcester, Massachusetts

OBITUARIES; [All Edition]
The Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Jul 17, 1999. pg. A.10
JAMES E. BEATTIE of Russet Way, an automobile salesman.....Born in Providence, a son of the late William and Margaret (Casey) Beattie.....Besides his wife, he leaves two sisters, Constance Goggin of Brighton, Mass., and Kathleen Hall of North Providence. He was the brother of the late William P. Beattie.
.............................................................................................

OBITUARIES; [All Edition 8]
The Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Oct 16, 2002. pg. C.04

MARGUERITE M. "PEG" GUILD, 89, of Stone Tower Lane, a former assistant deputy treasurer of the State of Rhode Island, died yesterday at Miriam Hospital, Providence.

She was the wife of the late* Charles L. Guild. Born in East Providence, a daughter of the late Thomas J. and Catherine (Barnett) Goggin, she had lived in Barrington for 35 years.

Mrs. Guild had served as Rhode Island's assistant deputy treasurer for 10 years, until retiring in 1959, and had previously served as acting treasurer of the City of East Providence.

She volunteered at St. Joseph Hospital, Providence.

Mrs. Guild was a communicant of St. Luke Church.

She leaves a stepdaughter, Elizabeth J. Sheehan of Barrington; a stepson, John C. Guild, and a sister, Louise V. Goggin, both of the Rumford section of East Providence; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She was a sister of the late Mary Corrigan and John, Francis P. and Thomas E. Goggin.

The funeral will be held Friday at 9:15 a.m. from the W. Raymond Watson Funeral Home, 350 Willett Ave., Riverside, East Providence, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10:30 in St. Luke Church, Washington Road, Barrington. A graveside committal service will follow in St. Ann Cemetery, Cranston.

SSDI -- Marguerite Guild 10 Oct 1913 15 Oct 2002 Barrington, Bristol, Rhode Island

* Obviously in error since, when I checked the SSDI for a DOB & DOD for husband Charles, his DOD was 2000 so I looked for an obit which I didn't originally find and found one Oct 2000 just like the SSDI indicated....

OBITUARIES 1; [All Edition]
Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Oct 30, 2000. pg. C.04

Barrington

CHARLES L. GUILD, 89, of Stone Tower Lane, owner and operator of C.L. Guild Construction Co., died yesterday at Rhode Island Hospital, Providence.

He was the husband of Marguerite M. (Goggin) Guild. They would have celebrated their 41st anniversary Thursday. Born in Walpole, Mass., a son of the late Harry and Elizabeth (Leslie) Guild, he lived in Barrington for 30 years, previously living in Rumford.

He was the owner of the C.L. Guild Construction Co., which he founded, from 1940 to the present, and Guild Drilling Co. Inc. The Guild Co. has worked in 32 states, building such landmarks as the Hynes Auditorium and the Sheraton Hotel in Boston. He was a pioneer in pile driving with high-frequency vibratory hammers, designing and developing the Bodine Sonic Piledriver in the 1960s.

He was a graduate of the Wentworth Institute of Technology, Class of 1931, where a scholarship in his name has been established.

He was a member and current vice president of the Foundation and Marine Contractors Association of New England Inc. He was a member of the Deep Foundations Institute, the Moles Association of New York, the Boston Society of Civil Engineers, and the Wentworth Corp., and a longtime participant in the Wentworth Student Scholarship Program. He was recognized by Wentworth in 1984 by receiving the honorary doctor of engineering technology degree.

Besides his wife, he leaves a daughter, Elizabeth Jane Sheehan of Barrington; a son, John C. Guild of Rumford; and five grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren. He was the brother of the late Leslie and Edward Guild.

The funeral will be held Thursday at 8:45 a.m. from W. Raymond Watson Funeral Home, 350 Willett Ave., Riverside, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 in St. Margaret Church, Pawtucket Avenue, Rumford. Burial will be in St. Ann Cemetery, Cranston.

SSDI -- Charles L. Guild 22 Jan 1911 29 Oct 2000 Barrington, Bristol, Rhode Island

OBITUARIES; [All Edition 10]
Providence Journal. Providence, R.I.: Dec 26, 2002. pg. C.05

LOUISE V. GOGGIN, 91, of Drowne Parkway, a retired vice principal and past School Committee member, died Tuesday at Miriam Hospital, Providence. [Louise's house is still in the family, a Corrigan nephew lives there. 51 Drowne]

Born in East Providence, a daughter of the late Thomas and Catherine (Barnett) Goggin, she was a lifelong resident of the city. A graduate of Bryant College, she received a master's degree from Boston University and a doctorate in education from Calvin Coolidge College.

Miss Goggin had been a teacher in East Providence public schools for more than 30 years, had headed the guidance department at East Providence High School, and had served as a vice principal at the high school. She retired, as vice principal, in 1971.

She later had served on the East Providence School Committee, from 1974 to 1978.

Miss Goggin was a communicant of St. Margaret Church, in the Rumford section of East Providence.

She is survived by 13 nieces and nephews. She was the sister of the late John, Francis and Thomas Goggin, Mary Corrigan and Marguerite Guild.

The funeral will be held Saturday at 9 a.m. from the Monahan, Drabble & Sherman Funeral Home, 230 Waterman St., Providence, with a Mass of Christian Burial at 10 in St. Margaret Church, Pawtucket Avenue, East Providence. Burial will be in St. Ann Cemetery, Cranston.

SSDI -- Louise Goggin 10 Dec 1911 24 Dec 2002 Rumford, Providence, Rhode Island
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ECGoggin 22 May 2009 1:59AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 24 May 2009 12:36AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 24 May 2009 12:37AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 24 May 2009 12:39AM GMT 
mindfoggs2 24 May 2009 12:40AM GMT 
wee2goats 1 Dec 2010 7:30PM GMT 
mindfoggs2 24 May 2009 12:41AM GMT 
GClarke688 25 May 2009 4:13AM GMT 
mcannon223 15 Mar 2012 8:46PM GMT 
ElizabethCGog... 17 Mar 2012 5:19PM GMT