Search for content in message boards

THURBER, Collins

Replies: 1

THURBER, Collins

Posted: 1404784668000
Classification: Query
Surnames: THURBER, REED, GRAVES
Collins Thurber, b. abt. 1795 RI and d. 1875 NY, is my brick wall. NOTE that he is NOT the Alfred Clinton Thurber/Alfred Collins Thurber who was born in Rhode Island also in 1795, and about whom much has been written.

My Collins Thurber went to New York and is first found married to Harriet Graves in the 1820 census. They had two children, William G. and Frederick. Harriet died in 1822, and the children were adopted by her parents who gave them the surname Graves. Collins went to Jefferson County, NY, and married Sarah (Sally) Ann Reed abt. 1825. They had 4 children: Henry Graves Thurber, b. 1827, who went to Ontario, Canada; Collins K. Thurber, b. 1830, who lived in New York and Montana, where he died; Harriet Thurber, b. abt. 1835, about whom nothing is known; Charles E. Thurber, b. 1837, who with his parents and Collins K., moved to Orleans County, NY. He and his parents all died there.

If anyone knows who this Collins Thurber is and can identify his parents, birthplace, and birthdate, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. I'll be happy to trade information.

Thank you,
Letha
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lchunnme 1404784668000 
lchunnme 1404787051000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic