Search for content in message boards

Chambers of Union County, PA

Replies: 5

Chambers of Union County, PA

Posted: 29 Oct 2004 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: CHAMBERS, BARBER, KLINESMITH, STEVENSON, VAN VALZAK
I am trying to research the Chambers family who lived in West Buffalo Township, Union Co., Pennsylvania. As far as I can tell, the family moved to the area during the 1780's.

The people that lived here included three brothers, Robert Chambers, Benjamin Chambers and Joseph Chambers. Robert Chambers was apparently married to Catherine Klinesmith prior to 1790. They had at least 2 daughters: Elizabeth and Rebecca. Benjamin and Joseph Chambers married Barber sisters.

I am trying to locate my ancestor, Elizabeth, born circa 1780's who was married to James Barkelow in about the year 1823. I have no clues to her family except that she named her son Benjamin Chambers Barklow. Considering the Dutch naming practices of the family, it is assumed that her son was named after a close relative of hers, if not her father. Unfortunately, the Benjamin Chambers who lived in Union County was not her father.

I believe that she may have been Elizabeth Chambers, daughter of Robert Chambers and Catherine Klinesmith. According to online records, Elizabeth Chambers married to James Stevenson. I can find no further information on her. Considering the fact that by the time she married James Barklow she was in her 30's, it is highly possible that she was widowed and that James Stevenson had died by that time. Elizabeth's sister Rebecca is said to have married John Van Valzak.

If anyone has any information on any of these connected families, I would be interested to hear from you. Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
wadleighryan 29 Oct 2004 9:12PM GMT 
Logan Garth S... 22 Nov 2004 7:38PM GMT 
LeanneKeeferB... 8 Jan 2005 1:04PM GMT 
aghupp 17 Jul 2011 4:05AM GMT 
aghupp 11 Jan 2014 11:20PM GMT 
wadleighryan 14 Jan 2014 4:14PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic