Search for content in message boards

Newspaper Article and/or Obit Request - LAMBERT, Fatal Auto Accident Jan 1981

Replies: 0

Newspaper Article and/or Obit Request - LAMBERT, Fatal Auto Accident Jan 1981

Posted: 1462474469000
Classification: Query
Surnames: LAMBERT, DeBOW, QUICK, STREET
This is a renewal of a 3+yrs old unanswered request.

I've been unsuccessful in finding what I seek during all the time leading to the first request posting in 2013 & just as unsuccessful in the 3+ years since that posting.

I don't have the financial resources to pay for archived newspaper subscription sites or to pay the fees that some places charge to do a look-up so I'm hoping to find some help here.

I've been trying to find a newspaper account on a fatal car accident that occurred in Dingman's Ferry in Jan 1981 on Rt. 209 and possibly obituaries for the couple involved. The day of the accident is unknown.

In Jan 1981, Thomas LAMBERT and his wife, Harriet (QUICK) LAMBERT of Matamoras were on Rt. 209 when their car skidded on an ice patch & ended sideways to traffic.

Their car was t-boned by an on coming truck & Thomas, sitting in the side of the car that was hit, died instantly.

Harriet, on the other side of the car, lingered in the hospital for several days before she, too, died of her injuries.

Here's what I know for Thomas & Harriet:

Thomas LAMBERT - b. 11 Nov 1901 Brooklyn, Kings, NY to Thomas LAMBERT, Sr & his wife Grace Alice nee DeBOW; lived in Matamoras from abt. 1938 until his death in 1981.

Harriet nee QUICK - b. 22 Jun 1912 Pike, Co, PA to Charles Byron QUICK and his wife, Helen D. STREET

Place of burial for the LAMBERTs is unknown. I believe they were survived at the time by 3 children who I assume are probably still living.

I've been told that 2 newspapers that might have carried something on the accident or obits are the Pocono Record or the Pike County Courier, neither of which I have access to.

I've tried searching on Ancestry & got no "hits" in their newspaper database & I've tried looking on newspaperarchive.com at free teaser snippet views to see if there might have been something on that site. They carry a couple of newspapers that report Port Jervis & nearby PA but the papers on newspaperarchive don't go past the 1970's.

I've been searching for Thomas & Harriet's accident & obita for almost 10 yrs now so I'm hoping someone can help.

THANKS!!

Find a board about a specific topic