Search for content in message boards

Jacob Book 1761-1852

Replies: 0

Jacob Book 1761-1852

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 5 Sep 2002 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Book, McClane, Ault, Conner, Cline, Palmer, Emery
Testamentary File B, No. 11, In Estate of Jacob Book late of Shenango Township, Lawrence Co. PA, Deceased Register Docket No. 1, page 108
The last will and testament of Jacob Book of Shenango Township Beaver County and state of Pennsylvania In the Name of God Amen. I Jacob Book considering the unsertainty of this mortal life and Being of Sount mind and memory Do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form folowing
That is to say that after all my just debts and funeral expenses shall bee pade and the proving and other expenses touching this my last will and so fourth.
I give and bequeath unto my Beloved Wife Mary Book her living and maintenance on and of my Estae Real and Personal During her Natural life and after her death
I give and bequeath unto my Eldest Daughter Margaret Conner the sum of one Dollar
3rd I give and bequeath unto my sone Michael Book the sum of one Dollar
4th I give and bequeath unto my daughter Barbara Cline the sume of one Dollar
5th I give and bequeath unto my sone Jacob Book the sume of one Dollar
6th I give and bequeath unto my sone Peter Book the sume of one Dollar
and further I give and devise unto my daughter Catherine Book and my daughter, Christena Book tenants in common their heirs and assignes all that Messuay or tenement situate lying and being in Shenango Township and count of one said bounded by lands of Chew Reed Tanner and others together with all the appurtenances thereunto belonging whatsoever to hold to them the said Catherine Book and Christena Book tenants in common their heirs and assignees forever and I make and ordain my daughter Catherine Book and John C. Ault executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former Wills by me mde in witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this thenth day of April A. D. one thousand Eight Hundred and forty six.
Jacob Book
Signed sealed published and declared by the above named Jacob to be his last will and testament in the presence of us at the bequest and in his presence have subscribed our names as witnesses thereunto.
John C. Ault
Benj. F. Palmer

Lawrence County SS
Be it remembered that on the 29th day of Nove 1852 before me James McClane Register for the probate of wills and in and for said county personaly appeared John C. Ault one of the subscribing witnesses to the within will who after being sworn in due form of law say that he was present and saw and heard Jacob Book the testator sign seal publish pronounce and declare the with instrument of writing to be his last will and testament and at the time of so doing he was of sound dessearning mind and memory to the best of his observation and belief and the he requested him to sign the same as a witness.
James McClane, Register

Know all persons by these presents that I John C. Ault one of the executors named in the last will and testament of Jacob Book late of Shenang Township in Lawrence County dec'd do renounce all right of claim to said executorship and decline to serve as such. Witness my hand and seal this 29th day of Nov. 1853.
J. C. Ault

Lawrence County SS:
Be it remembered that on the 7th day of December A. D. 1852 Before me James McClane, Register for the Probate of wills and granting letters of administration in and for said county, personally came oneof the withing said will Benjamin F. Palmer, who after being affirmed in due form of law saith he was present and saw and heard Jacob Book the testator to an instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and testament of the said Jacob Book dated April 10, 1846 sign seal publish pronounce and declare said instrument of writing to be his last will and testament ----- memory to the best of my observation and belief and the said Benjamin F. Palmer being a subscribing witness to said will and I signed the same in the presence of the said Jacob Book.
Benj. F. Palmer
Sworn and executer before me this 7th day of Dec. A. D. 1853 James McClane Register

Lawrence County SS:
personally appeared before me James McClane Register for the probate of wills and granting letters of Administration in and for said county Benjamin F. Palmer one of the subscribing witnesses to an instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Jacob Book dec'd who after being affirmed in due form of law saih he was present and signed said writing as a witness in the presence of said Jacob Book.

To James McClane Esq. Register of Wills for the county of Lawrence State of Pennsylvania
I Peter Book son and one of the Heirs at law of Jacob Book late of the township of Shenango Lawrence deceased do hereby caveat and protest against the probate of any last will and testament or instrument
as the testament and last will of the said Jacob Book until examination thereof in the proper court and the decree of the said court be therein pronounced.
Witness my hand this 4th day of December 1832
Peter Book

The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania-
To Benjamin J. Palmer of the county of Lawrence
Whereas James McClane, Register for the probate of wills and granting of letters of Administration in and for said County hath in his office an instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Jacob Book late of Shenango Township in said county deceased and whereas it appears by said will that you the same Benjamin F. Palmer are a subscribing witness. Therefore at the instances of Catherine Book one of the executors in said will named, you are cited to be and appear before our said Register at his office in the county court hourse in said county on Tuesday, the day of year next at 2 o'clock P. M. then and there to certify your knowledge in relation to the writing of said will.
Witness my hand and seal at the County Court House of said County this 29th day of Nov. A. D. 1852.
James McClane Register

Lawrence County SS
Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
To John C. Ault and Catherine Book both of Shenango Township in said county
Greetings
Whereas James McClane, Register for the probate of wills and granting letters of Administration in and for the County of Lawrence hath received into his office an instrument of writing purporting to be the last will and testament of Jacob Book late of Shenango Township in said county dec'd and whereby appointed you the said John C. Ault and Catherine Book to be the executors of said Will. Therefore at the instance of Peter Book one of the lawful heirs of the said Jacob Book deceased. You and each of you are hereby cited to be and appear on Monday the twenty ninth inst. at ten o'clock A. M. at my office in the county court hourse of said county then and there to meet probate of said will and take out letters testamentary according to said executorship that Administration with the will annexed may be committed to such person or persons as may be in titled thereof.
Given unto my hanc and the seal of my office at the county courthouse of said county the 23 day of Nov. A. D. 1852.
James McClane Register.
This notice served on Catherine Book and John C. Ault November 27th 1853 by recive and copy so ans. D. Emery Shf.
Sheriff Emery on this --- 73
(Received by the Sheriff 24 Nov. 1852)

To Register of Wills for the county of Lawrence State of PA
I Peter Book the son and one of the heirs at Law of Jacob Book, dec'd late of Shenango Townshp Lawrence Co. do hereby caveat protest against the probate of any last will and testament or writing in the nature thereof by or purporting to be the Testamen and last will of the said Jacob Book, Dec. in particularly an instrument of writing now left in your office being dated the -- and purported to be witnessed by John C. Ault. Purporting to be the last will and Testament , he the said Jacob Book, dec'd, was incompetent to make and execute a will according to law and because said instrument is not a valid instrument as such and should not be admitted to probate until an Examination thereof in the proper court and the decree of said court be therein pronounced. And I hereby appoint you to issue ----- to the court of common pleas of Lawrence County that an issue may be formed upon the above stated facts and any others that may be lawfully objected to said writing or instrument.
Peter Book

Find a board about a specific topic