Search for content in message boards

Jacob Book 1801-1877

Replies: 0

Jacob Book 1801-1877

Posted: 15 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 5 Sep 2002 6:07PM GMT
Surnames: Book, Stevenson, McFarland, Boyer, Steel, Showers
TESTAMENTARY B No. 74 TO THE ESTATE OF JACOB BOOK LATE OF MAHONING TWP. LAWRENCE CO. PA, DEC.
See Register Docket No. 4, page 85 ( no. 7 p. 124 written in above)
In the Name of God Amen
I Jacob Book of Mahoning Township, Lawrence County and State of Pennsylvania being old and infirm but sound in mind and understanding So that I may be the better prepared to leave the world Whenever it shall please God to call me hence, do therefore make this my last will and testament in manner following
That is to say First and principally I commend my Soul unto the hands of God my Creator and having certain goods and chattels that I wish to dispose of to my children before I leave the world.
Second I give and bequeath to my two sons, Wm. R. and Ferdinand Book the Farm on which they now live to be equally divided between them Subject to the incumberances hereinafter mentioned. The farms are situated in the Township of Mahoning County of Lawrence and State of Pennsylvania.
Third I give and bequeath to my daughter Margaret E. McFarland Two Hundred and twenty five Dollars. To be paid by my executors within six years after my death. My chairs and Smyth's Illustrated Dictionary and one Bedstead and bedding all of which I will to my Daughter Margaret E. McFarland.
Fourth I give and bequeath to my Daughter Agness C. Boyer Two Hundred and Twenty Five Dollars To be paid by my Executors within five years after my Death. My large Looking Glass my pictures my large Bible also one bedstead and bedding I will to my Daughter Agness C. Boyer.
Fifth I give and Bequeath to my Daughter Elizabeth J. Steel Five Hundred Dollars to be paid by my Executors within seven years after my death.
Sixth I give and bequeath to my daughter-in-law Sarah R. Book my Bearow Clook Book Case Book and Stove I give and bequeath to her.
Seventh I give and bequeath to my Two sons Wm. R. and Ferdinand Book the balance of my personal property and clothing to be equally divided between them.
Eighth I hereby appoint Wm. R. and Ferdinand Book my Executors of this my last will and Testament and I desire them to pay the different legacies as assigned herein the heirs to my property and also to pay all my just debts and Funeral expenses.
Testamony hereof I have herunto set my hand and seal this twenty day of January 1876
Attest Jacob Book
John E. SHowers
Adam Showers (His mark)

Lawrence County, SS. Personally came before me, Register of Wills and Granting Letters of Administration, &c. in and for said County, John E. Showers and Adam Showers, subscribing witnesses to the foregoing Will of Jacob Book who being duly sworn according to law, saith that they were present and saw and heard the within named Testator sign, seal, publish, pronounce and declare the foregoing instrument of writing as and for his last Will and Testament, and that at the time of so doing he was of sound mind memory and understanding to the best of their knowledge and belief and that they subscribed their names to the same as witnesses in presence of the said Testator at his request and in the presence of each other.
Sworn and subscribed to before me this 14th day of July A. D. 1877
James C. Stevenson, Register
Witnesses: John E. Showers Adam Showers (his mark)

Lawrence County SS
Before me Register for Probate of Wills and granting Letters of Administration, &c., in and for said County, came Wm. R. Book who being duly sworn, says his father, Jacob Book died about 6 o'clock P. M. on the 9th day of July A. D. 1877 aged about 76 years.
Sworn and subscribed to before me this 17th day of July A. D. 1877 Jas. C. Stevenson Register.
William R. Book

Find a board about a specific topic