Blanche Jessie GORMAN m Leonard "Len" J TIPTON 9 Sept 1895 per Mary Tipton article in TFAA newsletter, Summer 97. Another source lists their marriage date as 11 Sept 1895; Blanche was ~18, Len was ~ 23. In 1895, Len was living in Titusville, Crawford Co, PA, per his marriage proposal letter dated 31 Aug 1895. Len was a pumper, gas works, per 1910 census. Blanche lived in Endeavor for 20 years and also in Tidioute, PA; lived the last 25 years, after Len's death, with her children, mainly Dortha of 19 Myrtle St, Warren, per her obit. She d 28 Jan 1953, age 75, at the home of daughter Elsie Seabold and was buried in Arlington cemetery, Philadelphia per her obit.
Len and Blanche had the following 10 children:
1. Claire Carles Tipton...see below for more details
2. Elsie Tipton (m Dr Wm SEABOLD)
3. Shadrach "Shade" Marshall Tipton or Marshall S Tipton (m Ethel M ELDER)
4. Dortha "Dorothy" Fern Pearl Tipton (m John Henry McCOY)
5. Randell Arland Tipton (b & d 1904, buried Gorman Cemetery, outside Tidioute, PA)
6. Sylvia Tipton (m Harold A WHITE)
7. Gladys (C. ?) Tipton (m Charles KEEN)
8. Darrell Albert Tipton (m Jenny ?)
9. Leonard Lyle Tipton (m Betty ?)
10. Kenneth Wayne Tipton (m Mary ?)
Claire was b 23 June 1896 per Forest Co, PA, Register of Births (LDS film #1314246); m Hazel HASLET, 5 Mar 1918, Tionesta, PA, by a JP per Forest Co Marriages, Vol 3, #250; d 23 Feb 1974, at home in Endeavor, PA, age 77, per his obit (from the Warren Times Observer, 25 Feb 1974, pg 2, column 1). They had 9 children.
Obviously, I have a copy of his obit. Contact me and I will see that you get a copy.
How are you related to Claire?
Blanche Gorman Tipton's mother was Margaret "Clara" McKOWN. She married William "Billy" Marshall Gorman, 16 Feb 1876. Clara's younger brother George B. McKown is my ancestor.