WARNER BROS. The firm of Warner Bros., dry goods merchants, Erie, is composed of E. L., W. S., and S. D. Warner, natives of Oneida Co., N. Y. Their father, Austin Warner, was a native of New York, of English extraction. E. L., the senior brother, came to Erie Co. in 1857, and in 1862 embarked in mercantile business established along with a Mr. Bell, under firm name Bell & Warner. This continued till 1866, when Mr. Bell withdrew, and the firm assumed the title of Warner Bros., the other two brothers having arrived from New York, where they were engaged in mercantile business. These gentlemen have one of the most attractive dry goods stores in Erie City, and are recognized as men of sterling business qualities, and as public-spirited citizens.
Samuel P. Bates, History of Erie County, Pennsylvania, (Warner, Beers & Co.: Chicago, 1884), Part V, Biographical Sketches, City of Erie, p. 971.