Search for content in message boards

Need Erie PA birth and marriage records 1900 and ? 1942

Replies: 1

Need Erie PA birth and marriage records 1900 and ? 1942

Posted: 1502117764000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Warren,Werren, Viehmann
I am looking for birth and marriage records for my birth father Ralph Theodore Warren,born 1900 Erie PA, married to my mother Dorothy Brant Gilmer in Erie 1941 or 1942.
My search is complicated by the fact that my parents are long deceased, and even more complicated by the fact that my father changed his surname sometime between 1900 and his marriage to my mother.
He was born to Joseph F Viehmann and Bertha A Werren. I have death records and other data for the latter placing her in Erie where she died in 1906.
I have records for Joseph Viehmann indicating that he lived in Rochester NY after Bertha's death.
My father Ralph Theodore does not appear under the surname Warren,Werren or Viehmann in any of the census records after his birth.The earliest record I have under the Warren name is his Army enlistment in 1942.
I have my father's death certificate from Washington DC in 1977 where his parents are listed properly.
I have his Social Security application from 1936 where his parents names are correct except he switched their surnames and changed Werren to Warren!
I assume Erie County might have some of the records I need, but would appreciate any ideas how else to search.
My father was an interesting man but playing fast and loose with his name was not helpful to his descendants!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dukiebluedoc 1502117764000 
kathrynalexan... 1502129680000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic