Search for content in message boards

The 'other' Rosey's

Replies: 0

The 'other' Rosey's

Posted: 1527883136000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rosey
I am trying to locate the other half of my Rosey family and all I have to go on are some rumors.

Growing up, I was always told that my great grandfather, Joseph Rosey Sr, at the age of seven boarded a ship that was heading to America with his twin brother. Upon arriving in the states the brothers split up. Joseph eventually settled in Cambria Country, PA. What became of his alleged twin is unknown. If the rumor is true that means my tree is missing a really big branch.

Other rumors about the Rosey family. Joseph Sr was allegedly Croatian. The first census to report Joseph Sr has him listed as Czechoslovakian and the others state Austrian but I was always told that Rosey is a Croatian name.

The last rumor. Rosey is not the families original name. I was always told it was originally Rosanchivic (or of a similar spelling) and anglicized to Rosey upon arrival.

I know this is a long shot but I appreciate any and all information and criticism that you may have to offer. Such as where to search. Tips on how to search. Theories as to why the rumors started. Anything you may have to add. Thank you in advance.

Find a board about a specific topic