Search for content in message boards

SAMUEL SEELEY

Replies: 3

SAMUEL SEELEY

Posted: 22 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Jan 2003 9:42AM GMT
Surnames: BENJAMIN, DEETER, FELLNER, MARSH, SEALY, SEELY, SEELEY, SHOEMAKER, SHUMAKER, WRIGHT
Does anyone here have access to a book by Clement F. Heverly titled, "Pioneer and Patriot Families of Bradford Co. Pennsylvania"??? If so, I would be so very grateful if you could copy and post or send me (pages 252-253 from Vol. I - 1770-1800)...

Samuel SEELEY is listed as a resident of the Wyalusing District, in a part of Bradford County that was Luzerne County in 1796, and later listed as resident of Towanda Township at the organization of Bradford Co., PA, 1812-1813.

If my information is correct, Samuel SEELEY and his wife, Deborah Benjamin (?) had 3 sons before, and a daughter born shortly after, he went to fight in the Revolution... he returned home to find his family gone... he married again and later in about 1820 located a daughter in Crawford County, PA. My 4th gr. grandfather, Samuel SEELEY was located at that time nearby in Plum Twp. Venango County, PA.

With history in mind, I'm thinking the Revolution was fought in the years 1775-1783, so this Samuel might be my Samuel's father, as his year of birth is estimated at 1770...
This is a some puzzle!!!

Known children of Samuel & (Sarah?) SEELEY are Zadock born c. 1795, Amos born c. 1796, Alva born c. 1800, Lydia born c. 1803, Samuel born c. 1810, Esther born Nov.12, 1812, and Sarah Jane born Apr. 12, 1820.

My line is as follows:
>WRIGHT and FELLNER
>Dohrman E. WRIGHT and Beatrice Flo DEETER
>William J. DEETER and Lulu G. SHUMAKER (a.s. SHOEMAKER)
>Joseph F. DEETER and Julia Ann SEELY (a.s. SEALY)
>Amos SEALY and Catherine MARSH
>Samuel SEELEY (a.s SEELY) and Sarah (?)...

I am working on the SEELEY family lines with distant cousins, and we'd be happy to share with those of you who have common ancestors.

Please contact me if you can add or correct information and have ties to any of these people.
Thank you so much!
Sincerely,
Deb Slater

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
d_wright_slat... 22 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Anna Seley 21 Jun 2005 6:31AM GMT 
Terry 22 Jun 2005 1:55PM GMT 
msde1401 18 Feb 2012 2:51AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic