Search for content in message boards

Town or Village of Trenholm, OR

Replies: 5

Re: Town or Village of Trenholm, OR

Posted: 7 Mar 2012 10:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Mar 2012 9:17PM GMT
Surnames: Holmsly, Tracksel, Corley, Pattersen, Georges, Rodgers, McCoy, Buchinni, Serafini, Stoneham
I grew up in Trenholm, in Columbia County Orgeon. My mother grew up in Trenholm and attended the one room school house in Trenholm. My Grandfather had a few farms and ranches in Trenholm. Growing up there I knew of one room cabins of original homsteaders like Charley Holmsly and the Tracksel brothers. When I was a kid the orginal cabins and barns still stood. The brothers built some of them. I know of the lake and the old log runs. I knw of the folks who moved there in the 1930 with names like Corley, Pattersen, Georges, Rodgers, McCoy, Buchinni, Serafini and Stoneham, but also the homesteaders before them. Italian immigrants who stump farmed it and had the Tracksel built the cedar barns. Cathedrals of wood. Built the huge Northwestern red cedar dairy barns that stand today. I may still be able to find the location of the old polish cemetary. Know some information about Trenholm in the boot leg days. I know something of the logging history and the old trails. For instance the site of the old village at Willark Forest.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
George Trenholm 16 Apr 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Oregon State Coordinator 26 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT 
nancydean1 10 Jan 2002 12:43AM GMT 
George Trenholm 10 Jan 2002 4:35PM GMT 
thomas_j_scot... 7 Mar 2012 5:18PM GMT 
lavanderlady1 20 Nov 2012 3:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic