Search for content in message boards

BERRYHILL, POSEY, BARBER, WOOD

Replies: 14

Re: BERRYHILL, POSEY, BARBER, WOOD

Posted: 1521497732000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Posey, Hopwood
Hello,

My name is Hailey and I have been trying to research my Posey-Hopwood family for a while now. However, I have ran into some confusing paths trying to research through Ancestry.com, and was hoping the library would be able to help in some way. I am going to provide some information on my ancestry, from what I have found so far: My ggg grandmother is Elizabeth Posey who was supposedly born ~1827 in Tennessee and lived in Crawford county, Wisconsin. Her parents were said to be William Posey and Elizabeth (Hendley) Posey. She then married to Suit Syverson. They gave birth to a son David Syverson in 1869 (who is my gg grandfather). David married Cora B Hopwood. This would be the Posey-Syverson side of my family . It may have been said there was a Posey farm near the Kickapoo valley?

Then there is the Posey-Hopwood side of my family to look at. Where, Cora B Hopwood’s parents were Lewis (Louis) Hopwood and Kate (Catherine, Katherine) Helmund. After her father passed, Kate Hopwood (mother) re-married to a John William Posey-who is the previous Elizabeth Posey’s nephew. This family also lived in the Crawford county, Wisconsin area.

I am trying to find out if there is any Native American ancestry in either side at all (Hopwood or Posey)? Everyone in my family says Grandma Posey had native in her, but it has been challenging to link her to any documents. I did happen to find a Posey-Berryhill line in Oklahoma who are all Creek Native Americans, and wonder if my Posey line has any relation? However, it gets even more confusing because the Posey-Berryhill line also seems to have married some Hopwoods (which just makes me question even more...). If you have any information at all I would be SO happy to hear it!

Let me know if you need any clarification on anything,

Hailey Ekre
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa voss 944395200000 
Betty_Little_... 1016590903000 
Susan Blackstone Neely 935928000000 
damorgan 935928000000 
Hailey Ekre 1521497732000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic