W.J. Dodson, Dodson's Dry Goods, Justice of the Peace

Posted: 9 Aug 2010 12:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dodson, Oldfields
Looking for ANY info on my GG Grandfather
William Jessie Dodson.
Born in Hamilton County Tenn. Sept or Nov of 1850/1851
to a woman Named Elizabeth Shanan/Shannon/Shanahan- Dodson
She was born 1827 in Kentucky and died 1896 in Claremore, Oklahoma. She is Buried at Woodlawn Cemetery in 1 of 11 plots owned by W.J. Dodson.
William J. Dodson Had three kids in Arkansas by his First Wife Mary Ann "Stoddard" (No death date on her.)
Lillian E. Dodson-1873
Osias S. "Clem" Dodson- 1875
(And my G Grandfather) William Frederick "Fred" Dodson-1877.

He then married a Cherokee woman named Nancy Jane Oldfields and had 3 more kids
Jessie Iona Dodson-Modlin-1894
Waite Floyd Dodson-1896 And
Dewey Lee Dodson-1898.

William Jesse Dodson owned Dodson's Dry Goods on 4th and Missouri in Claremore, Installed The first street lamp there in front of his store, was a Justice of the Peace, Member of the IOOF (They have no info on him)
and a Jack of all trades.
He bought 11 cemetery plots at Woodlawn and they are all still vacant but the one his mother is in.
I am looking for ANY information on any of these people specifically His Mother/Father, First Wife, and Children Lillian and Osias. I more importantly would love to know when and where he died. And ANYTHING about Lillian E. Dodson.

The last census I have for him is in the 1920's when he lived in Verdigris. And believe quite strongly that he died there around 1921. If you have ANY info about anything I have said please let me know. Anything could help.

Find a board about a specific topic