Search for content in message boards

Bessie and Bertha (Pitton/Patton/Abrams/Arnold) adopted from orphanage in Columbus, Ohio

Replies: 0

Bessie and Bertha (Pitton/Patton/Abrams/Arnold) adopted from orphanage in Columbus, Ohio

Posted: 1504825797000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Abrams Pitton Patton Sarton
Hello,

I am looking for my great-grandmother and her sister and the info on them is very garbled. Their first names are Bessie and Bertha. For Bessie, her birth date is given as 1885 (although it changes) and on her marriage certificates she has given her father's name both as John Arnold and John Abrams. She has also listed her name as Bessie Arnold Pitton. For Bertha, I've seen her listed as Bertha Patton and Bertha Sarton. Her birthdate is 1878, but that also changes and has been listed early as 1874. I have info on both of them once they married, but prior to that I am unsure. From family letters I have the impression that they were adopted separately from the orphanage as they talk about finding each other after a long absence. This would lead me to believe that Pitton/Patton is probably the birth name. Any help would be appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic