William Crain Will

Posted: 25 Oct 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 21 Jun 2001 6:27PM GMT
Surnames: Crain, Johnson, Johnston, Sewell, Brown, Ward, Robinson, McEwen
Crain, William (Franklin Twp, Warren Co. Oh) Bk 6 p 429

Dated Jan. 19, 1936; Recorded Aug. 27, 1836

[Note - Clerk entered "Crain" as "Creaen" throughout document]

In the Name of God Amen I William Creaen of the County of Warren and State of Ohio being weak in body but of sound and disposing mind memory and understanding considering the certainty of death and the uncertainty of the time thereof and being desirous to settle my worldly affairs and thereby be the better prepared to leave this world when it shall please God to call me hence do therefore make and publish this my Last well and Testament in manner and form following that is to say

first and princepally I commit my soul unto the hand of Almighty God and my body to the earth to be decently buried at the descetion of my executors herein after named and after my debts and funeral charges are paid I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Mary Creain all the money and notes we have at the Present time which is one note on James Ward of one hundred dollars with the interest which is or may account thereon and one hundred dollars that is in the hands of my son John Creaen and one hundred dollars that is in the hands of my son in law William Johnston and all the Household and kichen Furniture which we have and her choice of any of the cows we have with her calf and after my plantation whereon I now live is sold my executor is to pay unto my wife the sum of two hundred dollars. If she does not need the money for her maintence she may do with it what in her wisdom she choses.

after my deceas I allow my executors to make a sale of all my personal property not left to my wife.

and my plantation wheron I now live lying in Franklin Township Warren County Ohio containing by patent ninety nine acres and about twenty hundreths of an acre I allow my executors to sell in a reasonable time after my death not exceeding two years thereafter for the best price the can.

and out of the price of said plantation or money arising from the sale of the same I allow unto my son John B. Creaen four hundred dollars and I allow unto my son Joseph A. Crean the sum of four hundred dollars and I allow unto my son William Creaen one hundred dollars and no charge of any thing he has heretofore recd to be made and the residue on remainder of money arising from the sale of my plantation not heretofore desposed of to be equally divided share and share alike between my daughters Mary now married to David Sewel Jane married to James Brown, Margaret now Margaret Brown & Nancy now Nancy Johnson and Eliza Wear now Ward and as I before said I allow the remainder to be equally divided share and share alike between them that is Mary . Jane . Margaret . Nancy and Eliza Wear. no change to be made to any of my daughters for any thing the might heretofore have recd

And lastly I do hereby constitute and appoint my dear sons John B Creain and Joseph A. Creain to be executors of this my Last will and Testament ratifying and confirming this and none other to be my Last will and Testament.

In Testimony where of I William Creaen have to this my will consisting of one half sheet of paper set my hand and seal this nineteenth day of January in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and thirty six.

William Creain

(his mark)

Signed sealed published and declared by
William Creain the above named testator
on and for his Last will and Testament in
the presence of us who at his request and
in his presence have subscribed our names
as witness thereto

Hamilton Ware
Thomas B. Robinson
James McEwen

SubjectAuthorDate Posted