Search for content in message boards

Robert Joseph Arnold (1945-1969)

Replies: 4

Robert Joseph Arnold (1945-1969)

Posted: 26 Jul 2002 1:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jul 2002 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Arnold, Maher
I am currently trying to locate next-of-kin information on Robert Joseph Arnold (DOB: 2-13-1945; DOD: 9-15-1969) who flew with a Navy squadron in Vietnam known as the "Seawolves" (see www.seawolf.org for more information on this prestigious group). My uncle, Chris Maher, also flew with this squadron and also died during Vietnam. The Seawolves are currently trying to locate living relatives of Robert Arnold in order to let them know that their loved one was not forgotten. On my own, I am trying to help them with their search, to sort of pay them back for all the wonderful things they've done for me and my own family. This is what we know, so far, about Robert Joseph Arnold (besides DOB and DOD listed above):

He had a brother named Cliff/Clifford, who was in the military (we think), possibly the Coast Guard. Cliff was older, by a year or two.

Cliff and Bob both attended Madison Memorial High School.

They lived in North Madison, OH and lived on Hubbard Road (for sure from 1957 - 1963, although the both may have grown up there and lived their all their childhoods).

Bob enlisted while living in North Madison and was born in Ohio.

Bob's own father was not around (may have died when Bob was young), but he did have a stepfather.

Bob's mother did not share the same last name as the stepfather.

Bob graduated from Madison Memorial High School in 1963, enlisted in the Navy right out of school and served for six years before he died in a helicopter crash in 9/69.

We believe Bob's mother was Australian. Her name, MIGHT have been Elma Arnold (a woman who died in Ohio, county - uncertain, from colon cancer, on 01-25-1975).

Robert is buried in the Fairview Cemetery in the Madison Township.

That is all we have to go on - if anyone out there can look up some records to help me with my search and allow me to pay back all the love and kindness I've received from Bob's fellow Seawolves, well, I'd be more grateful than you'd ever know. I've been searching almost non-stop for the past 3 days and while I've found much of the information you see above in those three days, I don't hold out much hope for finding out more information via the Internet. I will be returning to school and work in a few weeks and I know I will not be able to conduct such an intense search once my "break" is over with, so please, if anyone can help, please help me. You can contact me directly at Happies2you@aol.com if you have any questions, and of course, if you have any information. Thank you for your time and God Bless,
Malin McCain
Proud niece of KIA Chris Maher, Seawolf, Det-1, 1967-1968
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Malin1313 26 Jul 2002 7:31PM GMT 
SUE92846 28 Jul 2002 3:22PM GMT 
Malin McCain 18 Aug 2002 7:36PM GMT 
SUE92846 28 Jul 2002 3:36PM GMT 
wendylou1251 5 Mar 2012 3:54AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic