Search for content in message boards

Catharine Mock Houck of Greene Co., Ohio -- What happened to her?

Replies: 2

Catharine Mock Houck of Greene Co., Ohio -- What happened to her?

Posted: 1487967851000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Mock, Houck
Catharine Mock was married to Felix Houck, both of Rowan County, NC. Felix died in November of 1807 in Greene County, Ohio, where his estate was appraised on December 3rd, 1807, and administered by his oldest son, John Houck. In May of 1808, relatives of Catharine Mock (her father, I believe) administered what remained of Felix's estate in Rowan County, NC. Some years later, Felix's estate was settled in the Greene County Court of Common Pleas by relatives of Catharine Mock, but there is no mention of her other than "the widow's remainder".

I cannot find out what happened to Catharine Mock Houck after her husband died. It appears she did not move to Palmyra with her sons, Devault, Daniel, Felix, and maybe John. Devault Houck is my direct ancestor.

Does anyone know what happened to her?

I have seen many trees with varying information, but no real proof of anything. I do know that a Catharine Houck married a man by the name of Matthew Tennyson in Greene County, OH in 1810, but I don't know for sure if this is Catharine Mock. The marriage took place a few months after her brother, Daniel Mock, married in the same county, so it seems like this might be her.

I would love to know what happened to her. Where she went, if she remarried, where she died, and where she is buried, along with documentary or other proof, or the location of such proof, showing that whatever is said is true.

I hope someone can help me find out what happened to my ancestor. Thanks!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dldadky 1487967851000 
thomasker2 1490646340000 
dldadky 1490657486000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic