Search for content in message boards

wALKERS IN GREENE COUNTY OHIO

Replies: 0

wALKERS IN GREENE COUNTY OHIO

Posted: 1481663279000
Classification: Query
With all due sincere respect, this is not Sarah Barngrover and probably Sarah Insley. This Zachariah Walker and Sarah are not the same Sarah Barngrover and Zachariah Walker who were married in 1807 in Highland County Ohio. She would have been only 9 years old.Susan D. Fenn confirmed this information as follow: SusanDFenn (View posts) Posted: 3 May 2007 6:43PM GMT Classification: Query Surnames: Walker, Insley, Ritenour, McFarland I just wanted to clear up some information that I had previously posted on the Walker board in regards to Zachariah Walker, born 1785 Maryland, died 1841 Greene county, Ohio, married unknown to Sarah unknown. For several years, I had believed Zachariah's wife to be Sarah/sally Barngrover and that he had come out of Highland county, Ohio to Greene county around 1830. I had based this information on information that was given to me several years ago. I now believe this to be incorrect. I am basing this on the fact that I know all of the children of said couple etc. and the Sarah that this other Zachariah Walker could not be mine as the marriage took place in 1807 meaning that my Sarah Walker would have been only 9 years old. I know for a fact that the Zachariah and Sarah Walker Ritenour buried at Bethel cemetery in Greene are mine. I have documents to prove this. I believe that they perhaps were married in Maryland and came to Greene county between 1820 and 1830. I believe that there may be a connection to these Highland county Walkers...what I do not know yet. Sarah Unknown Walker remarried Daniel P. Ritenour c1848 in Greene county and is found on the 1850 census with her new husband along with some of his children and hers. Living next door is her daughter Rebecca Walker Ritenour who married Daniel B. Ritenour, son of Daniel P. and his first wife Elizabeth. (hope that I got that right...memory)..I believe that the INsleys were connected to the Walkers in some way which I hope to find this year. I am looking for the maiden name of Sarah and any Walkers who are related to this family. Children names were John W, Samuel L, William H, Mary M, Walker McFarland(Joseph), Zachariah, Rebecca Walker Ritenour and Zara Marion. SusanDFenn@comcast.net
Susan Fenn has since passed on to a better place and I commend her for all of the hard work she did for her family and others. God Speed my Friend

Find a board about a specific topic