Search for content in message boards

Reichelderfer & Reynolds

Replies: 0

Reichelderfer & Reynolds

Posted: 1425141087000
Classification: Query
Lydia Reynolds is well documented to have been born in 1825 and died in 1864. She died in Auglaize, Ohio was buried in Lima, Allen County, Ohio. She married Jeremiah Reichelderfer (1825-1894) son of John Christian Reichelderfer & Margaretha Boucher on May 25, 1845 in Ross County, Ohio. They are recorded as living in Salt Creek, Pickaway County, Ohio in the 1850 census. They had 8 children.

i. Rufus Reichelderfer b. 1845
ii. Julia Ann Reichelderfer b. 1846
iii. William Reynolds Reichelderfer b. 1847
iv. Esther E. Reichelderfer b. 1850
v. John Rufus Reichelderfer b. 1850 (3x GG)
vi. Mary Rebecca Reichelderfer b. 1853
vii. Jackson Andrew Reichelderfer b. 1855
viii. Jennie Reichelderfer b. 1864

All the children were born in Auglaize County except the first two that were born in Pickaway County. I cannot find Lydia Reynolds' parents. However, as Rufus is not a Reichelderfer family name I suspect her father may have been named Rufus Reynolds considering two of the children are given Rufus as either a first or middle name. Their son William is given Reynolds as a middle name which further suggests they were using her family names to name their children.

I have found a Rufus John Reynolds born in 1799 in CT. He moves to Trumbull Ohio where he marries Elizabeth Sprinkle. They have their first child William in 1823 then from looking at other trees the next child Moses was born in 1828. My Lydia was born in 1825 so would fit in here but I can find no paper connection to this family. Anybody have any more on either my Lydia or the Rufus Reynolds family?

Find a board about a specific topic