Search for content in message boards

Will of Jethroe BARNES of Wayne Co.

Replies: 0

Will of Jethroe BARNES of Wayne Co.

Vikki Hollowell Highfield (View posts)
Posted: 912600000000
Classification: Will
Surnames: BARNES, FULGHUM
March the 13th Day 1816. Whereas I JETHROE BARNES Beinb weak in body but of sound and perfect mind and memory thanks be to God do make and publish this and no other to be my last will and testament that is to say viz. In the first place I lend to my beloved wife MELICENT BARNES the whole of land during her life or widowhood with the exception of my mother-in-law FERABE BARNES having the same p0revilege as she usely has had heretofore on it after the decease or marriage of my wife I give my land to be equeally Devided betwixt my two sons JESSE and JOSIAH BARNES. JOSIAH part of the land to take the houses and maner plantation whereon I now live to them and there heirs forever after paying my just debts I lend the whle Ballance of my estate to my sd Beloved wife the whole Ballance of my estate and after her Decease or marriage give to be equally Devided amongst my six children, CHERY, NANCY, JESSE,, JOSIAH, BETSEY & PENNY BARNES also I constitute and apoint my Brother JACOB BARNES and my beloved wife executors to this my last will and testament in witness whereof I have set my hand and seal the day and year above written. JETHRO BARNES (Seal). Signed Sealed and acknowledged in presents of us JACOB FULGHUM, SIMON BARNES. Recorded May Ct. 1816.

Find a board about a specific topic