Search for content in message boards

Trying to find my GGF on the Rogers side of my family

Replies: 4

Re: Trying to find my GGF on the Rogers side of my family

Posted: 3 Mar 2012 7:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ROGERS, RAY, DUNBAR
I think there are 2 Early Rogers being confused here. Both are born around the same time. Early Robert Rogers according to his WW I draft registration in Richmond VA was born Oct 1882 in Granville, NC. His wife is Pearl. Early R. and Pearl are in both the 1920 and 1930 Censuses in Henrico, VA.

Early L. Rogers born about the same time 1881 or 1882 is in Wake Co. for all the records I found. There is a marriage record for Early L. in Oct 1902 to Cerriner Ray. By the 1910 Census, however, there is no wife living with Early L. and his children, but his mother, CORLONIAOUS Rogers is living with him.

I found trees on ancestry giving Early Robert Rogers and his wife Pearl, but with his mother named Corloniaous or variations of this. I don't think they are accurate, but I couldn't find birth or death records in the Family Search records or on ancestry that would give the correct information. The censuses have entirely different names of children.

I think this will take some deeper searching. Perhaps you can trace records through their children. I am not related.

Nancy Smith

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
billsteele701... 4 Mar 2012 1:43AM GMT 
NancyMSmith 4 Mar 2012 2:28AM GMT 
billsteele701... 4 Mar 2012 10:06PM GMT 
NancyMSmith 4 Mar 2012 11:07PM GMT 
billsteele701... 6 Mar 2012 11:07AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic