Search for content in message boards

WILLIAMS-POWELL CEMETERY aka OLD SPRING HILL CEMETERY, Orrum Township, Robeson Co, NC

Replies: 0

WILLIAMS-POWELL CEMETERY aka OLD SPRING HILL CEMETERY, Orrum Township, Robeson Co, NC

Posted: 1398871296000
Classification: Query
Edited: 1537127617000
I believe I can answer the questions as to where the WILLIAMS-POWELL CEMETERY aka OLD SPRING HILL CEMETERY is located. My information is based on the location of the HISTORIC WILLIAMS-POWELL HOME PLACE given in the National Register of Historic Places Nomination Form which can be seen at: http://www.hpo.ncdcr.gov.nr/RB0007.pdf . The house and land was named to the Register 09 Apr 1984.

The Cemetery is located about 1/4 mile from the WILLIAMS-POWELL HOME PLACE which is located at 2298 Fair Bluff Road (west side SR 2256 which is Fair Bluff Rd, approx. 1.0 mile south of the junction with SR 2255 - Tobacco Rd), Orrum Township, Robeson County, NC.

The small cemetery sits off the road and is well-maintained.

Three of my ancestors-in-law, known to be buried there are: GILES BRIGHT WILLIAMS, JR. (1808-1894), his brother BRIGHT HERRING WILLIAMS (1799-1895) and Bright's wife SARAH ALFORD THOMPSON (1806-1848).

I hope this is helpful to those who have been and may still be looking for this cemetery.

Karen Milner (Leatherbury) Freeman
Cherry Log, GA
30 Apr 2014

Find a board about a specific topic