Search for content in message boards

Perkins who were in RichmondCo, NC around 1800 eventually moved to Marengo, Dallas, Sumter, Choctaw, Wilcox, Mobile Count., AL

Replies: 0

Perkins who were in RichmondCo, NC around 1800 eventually moved to Marengo, Dallas, Sumter, Choctaw, Wilcox, Mobile Count., AL

Posted: 29 Feb 2012 4:38AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Perkins, Wynn, Redd, Haymen, Turner, State, McCrary, Hendrix
Hello,

I am Sue, a longtime Perkins researcher. I am interested in any Perkins who might have been in RichmondCo, NC ( Rockingham on the PeeDee area) about 1800. My George Perkins married an Elizabeth Wynn in Rockingham in 1809. A George Perkins is listed in the 1810 census, with an adult woman and a male child in 1810 census. He is between a John and a Jacob Perkins. All the Perkins trees I find online omit my specific George and I dont know why.

His immediate family is my brickwall, without parents or siblings I cant place him in the proper Perkins family. In Mobile, AL where George is living is where a William C. Perkins enlists in the army in 1855. We think William C. might be a son to our George. The enlistment states William C. was born 1821 in Marengo, AL. None of the Marengo Perkins list a William so I wonder if he is ours. Our Perkins can first be found in DallasCo, AL in 1830 census, due to land records they are on the move to Sumter and Chocaw, and finally in Mobile, AL in 1840 census.

Happy to connect with anyone researching Perkins or Wynns who originated in Richmond, NC area around 1800 who eventually moved on to the aboveAL counties for a possible family connection. My Perkins moved on to Texas before the Civil War to RobertsonCo where some of the NC Perkins decendants can be found. It has to more of a coincidence they migrated similiarily without being related.

Marengo research is a bit of a shot in the dark as I have no proof my directly family lived there. Is there anyone on this list who is an experienced county researcher?? Would love to know what I might glean from Genealogy Society, Historical Society or even county library records since I would be so green to researching online records in Marengo.
Thanks in advance for any reply.

Find a board about a specific topic