Search for content in message boards

Dawson P. Tyson ancestors

Replies: 0

Dawson P. Tyson ancestors

Posted: 21 Apr 2010 8:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Apr 2011 6:29PM GMT
Surnames: Tyson
I am hoping that someone can provide answers about my g-g-grandfather, Dawson P. Tyson. He was born in Moore County about 1824, married Rebecca sometime before 1850, served with the 26th Co H and died at Camp Winder hospital in Richmond, Va as a result of his wounds. He and Rebecca lived up near Pocket Creek. They had four children: William Josiah (1850), Mary E. (1852), Uriah Dawson (i-5-1854) and Charles J. (Sept 1857). Rebecca was listed as residing in Greenwood township, Crainy Creek P.O in the 1870 census. Uriah and Charles were still with her and her daughter Mary was living next residence as a widow, Mary E. Graham with a one year old son named Fuller A.
By 1880 Rebecca is living with son Charles and his wife Lucinda in Olive Branch, Desoto County, Ms and Fuller is also with them. My g-grandfather Uriah marries Lucy Ellen Abel on 5-16-1881 in Memphis. They have six children including my grandfather John Jethroe. Uriah dies in Memphis on 2-22-1924 and Lucy dies on2-22-1929 in Detroit, Michigan. They are buried in the Center Hill Cemetery in Olive Branch. I have recently discovered that Josiah Tyson was Dawson's father.
My questions: Rebecca's maiden name
Did Charles and Lucinda"Jennie" Tyson divorce?
What became of Mary E. Graham?
Did Rebecca return to Moore County? Remarry? I can find no death records.

Thanks in advance for any help readers can offer.

Find a board about a specific topic