I have a letter written by William P. (Penn) Elliott in 1918 to my ggreat grandfather who partially details the life and genealogy of the Elliotts from Guilford Cnty. to Randolph County. The letter originated from Burlington County, IA. I have traced Jesse Elliott who married Nancy Laswell (must be a second marriage to Henderson County, Ill to Page County, IA. The letter speaks of tending hogs in Guilford and Jesse spending most of his life there until the county changed names to Randolph. I am hoping that someone has some information to help me.Descendants of Isaac Elliott
Generation No. 1
1. ISAAC4 ELLIOTT (JOHN3, ABRAHAM2, JOHN1)1 was born March 04, 1773 in Center, Guilford County, North Carolina2. He married ANNA HUFF3 in Salem Quaker Church, Randolph County, NC3. She was born Abt. 17804.
Notes for ISAAC ELLIOTT:
Another source indicates that possible spouse is Charity Howard (but unverified).
More About ISAAC ELLIOTT:
Children of ISAAC ELLIOTT and ANNA HUFF are:
i. BETSY5 ELLIOTT.
ii. NANCY ELLIOTT.
iii. JOHN ELLIOTT.
iv. JACOB ELLIOTT, m. UNK. BLALOCK5.
v. WILLIAM ELLIOTT6.
vi. DANIEL ELLIOTT6.
vii. BENJAMIN ELLIOTT6.
viii. MARY ELLIOTT6.
ix. REBECCA ELLIOTT6, m. ZAZA MERRELL7, December 31, 1816, Randolph County, North Carolina8.
Notes for ZAZA MERRELL:
Descendant of Captain Benjamine Merrill. (LEVI226@aol.com
x. LEAH ELLIOTT9.
xi. RACHEL ELLIOTT.
2. xii. ALFRED ELLIOTT, b. March 12, 1798, North Carolina; d. December 08, 1867, Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana.
3. xiii. JESSE ELLIOTT, b. March 19, 1806, North Carolina; d. May 11, 1874, Hawleyville, Page County, Iowa.
4. xiv. ALEXANDER THOMAS ELLIOTT, b. 1818; d. 1894, Hendersonville, North Carolina.
Generation No. 2
2. ALFRED5 ELLIOTT (ISAAC4, JOHN3, ABRAHAM2, JOHN1) was born March 12, 1798 in North Carolina, and died December 08, 1867 in Monrovia, Morgan County, Indiana10. He married NANCY ELLIOTT11 June 06, 1820 in North Carolina, daughter of JOSEPH ELLIOTT and RUTH WILSON. She was born August 16, 1801 in North Carolina, and died June 01, 1882 in Casey, Clark County, Illinois.
More About ALFRED ELLIOTT:
Burial: December 08, 1867, West Union Friends Cemetary
Children of ALFRED ELLIOTT and NANCY ELLIOTT are:
i. SARAH6 ELLIOTT.
ii. BENJAMIN FRANKLIN ELLIOTT.
iii. INFANT ELLIOTT.
iv. ANANNA RETTEE ELLIOTT12, b. May 21, 1824, Chatham County, North Carolina; d. March 31, 1915, Casey, Clark County, Illinois; m. SIMEON MCDANIEL, November 11, 1841, Morgan County, Indiana; b. November 20, 1814, Chatham County/Randolph County, North Carolina12; d. April 30, 1867, Casey, Clark County, Illinois.
Notes for ANANNA RETTEE ELLIOTT:
Compiler Meriem Wright (of Charleston, Illinios) spells Anna Rette as "Ananna"
v. GEORGE ELLIOTT, b. 1827; m. NANCY FARMER, 1837, Morgan County, Indiana.
vi. LYDIA ELLIOTT, b. 1828; m. GEORGE FARMER, December 24, 1848, Monroe Twp., Morgan County, Indiana.
vii. ESTHER ELLIOTT, b. January 10, 1831, Indiana; d. February 15, 1916; m. AVINGTON F. LONG, December 30, 1847, Morgan County, Indiana.
viii. JR ALFRED ELLIOTT13, b. 1833, Indiana.
ix. JOSEPH ELLIOTT, b. 1835.
x. WILLIAM PENN ELLIOTT, b. December 12, 1837, Morgan County, Indiana; d. December 31, 1925, Burlington, Des Moines County, Iowa; m. (1) JANE FARMER, August 12, 1858, Morgan County, Indiana; m. (2) MARY CHAMBERS, August 28, 1918, Des Moines County, Iowa.
3. JESSE5 ELLIOTT (ISAAC4, JOHN3, ABRAHAM2, JOHN1) was born March 19, 1806 in North Carolina14, and died May 11, 1874 in Hawleyville, Page County, Iowa. He married NANCY LASWELL15 Abt. 1857 in Henderson County, Illinois16. She was born January 20, 1815 in (Present day West Virginia) Virginia16, and died February 05, 1874 in Hawleyville , Page County, Iowa.
More About JESSE ELLIOTT:
Burial: May 11, 1874, Hawleyville Cemetery (Sect. 4, East, Row 6, Plot 3)
More About NANCY LASWELL:
Burial: February 05, 1874, Hawleyville , Cemetary (Sect. 4, East, Row 6, Plot 4)
Children of JESSE ELLIOTT and NANCY LASWELL are:
i. CAROLINE6 ELLIOTT.
ii. EMMA ELLIOTT.
iii. BENJIMAN ELLIOTT17, b. 1839.
iv. MARY E. ELLIOTT17, b. 1844.
v. REBECCA ELLIOTT17, b. 1848.
vi. ANGELINE ELLIOTT17, b. 1854.
vii. AUGUSTA N. ELLIOTT, b. 1856.
viii. DR. JESSE DAVID ELLIOTT18,19, b. September 25, 1857, Henderson County, Illinois20; d. November 11, 1917, Moline (Moline Hospital), RockIsland County, Illinois; m. SAVILLA ARABELLA COLLIER, October 05, 1876, Page County, Iowa21; b. April 05, 1855, Hawleyville, Page County, Iowa; d. December 17, 1945, Washington, DC.
Notes for DR. JESSE DAVID ELLIOTT:
Jesse died in the Fall of 1918 around November. He lived in Clarinda, Page County, Iowa.
Headstone marks his grave: J.D. Elliott "Father" 1851-1917
More About DR. JESSE DAVID ELLIOTT:
Burial: November 11, 1917, Hawleyville Cemetery (SW 12 Nov. 1917 & CH 15 Nov. 1917)
Degree: Medical Degree
Notes for SAVILLA ARABELLA COLLIER:
Met and married in Page County, Iowa. According to Aunt Millie, the Collier's owned and operated the Town Store and they were well off. They are mentioned in the History of Page County.
She is buried next to her husband and the headstone marks her grave: S. A. Elliott "Mother" 1855-1945
1900 Platt Map: Savillia A. Collier ELLIOTT 40 acres, Northeast of Hawleyville (Section 13, NW 1/4, NE 1/4)
More About SAVILLA ARABELLA COLLIER:
Burial: Hawleyville Cemetary , IA.
4. ALEXANDER THOMAS5 ELLIOTT (ISAAC4, JOHN3, ABRAHAM2, JOHN1)22 was born 1818, and died 1894 in Hendersonville, North Carolina. He married JOANNA PICKETT PRZYBOROWSKI23 in Conway, South Carolina. She was born 183724, and died 191724.
Children of ALEXANDER ELLIOTT and JOANNA PRZYBOROWSKI are:
i. ANNA CORNELLIA6 ELLIOTT24, b. 1866; d. 1947; m. JOHN PICKNEY HOLBERT24; b. Rutherford County, North Carolina.
More About ANNA CORNELLIA ELLIOTT:
Occupation: School Teacher
ii. ALEXANDER PRZYBOROWSKI ELLIOTT24, b. 1869; d. 1937.
iii. JOHN WELSH ELLIOTT24, b. 1872; d. 1968.
iv. THOMAS THADDIUS ELLIOTT26, b. 1875; d. 1947; m. IDA FREDRINE UNK.26; b. 1878.
v. FANNIE SUSAN ELLIOTT26, b. 1879; m. THOMAS SEAGLE; b. 187526.
1. Letter written by William Penn Elliott in August 26, 1924.