Search for content in message boards

Daniel Bright Wood b 1837

Replies: 3

Daniel Bright Wood b 1837

Posted: 1476725523000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wood, Bright, Tisdell, Case, Tillman, Swartwout
I'm trying to find the siblings and parents of my great great grandfather Daniel Bright Wood. http://person.ancestry.com/tree/58787309/person/48039493475/.... I have looked online at the Wayne county historical records, census etc. and have been unable to find him in Wayne county. I also paid for copies of newspapers where he was mentioned but it was the same announcement below with no additional information. I'm trying to find his family in Lyons. There are many wood families but I can't connect to them.

Daniel and Susan names their children: Arlington Tisdell, Richard Bright, Minnie May and Ralph Alvin Wood. So there is also a Bright surname somewhere on his side. Richard is Susans father's name but Ralph, Alvin and Arlington may reference Daniel's family names.

I found a newspaper announcement that he is from Lyons "Married: On the 17th inst., by Rev. Z. Grenell, Mr. D. B. Wood , of Lyons, Wayne Co. N.Y. , to Mrs. Susanna Tisdell of Port Jervis."

Zelotes Grenell was a well know Baptist minister and Susan's brothers and sisters married other baptist ministers. Her sister Sarah married Rev John Budd Case and several of their children became ministers as well.

Susans family was from England and her father and brothers were ship wrights and carpenters. Two of her brothers married into the Tillman family of New Jersey. Some family members became railroad men after the transportation focus shifted from canals to railroads. One sister also married a Swartwout.

After Daniel and Susan married they moved to Pennsylvania, perhaps Chicago, then Parsons Kansas, presumably following Railroad opportunities.

Any possible leads on connections would be appreciated!
Elizabeth
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ljc2007 1476725523000 
Paula Sain 1477615857000 
ljc2007 1477694289000 
Paula Sain 1477869121000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic