Search for content in message boards

John Hulett - Wayne, NY

Replies: 0

John Hulett - Wayne, NY

Posted: 1474248633000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hulett (sometimes spelled Hewlet or Hulet)
I am searching for the parents of my third great-grandfather John Hulett, born (according to his obit) June 2, 1802 in Shodack, Renssalaer County, NY. Same obituary states he moved with his family to Wayne County in 1818. He then moved to Brighton, NY around 1826 and married Almira Loder in 1827 in Rochester. They lived in Brighton, and later, Rochester. They had four sons: Henry Mitchell, Thaddeus Warsaw (my 2nd great grandfather), Mahlon Loder, and Pierson Brittan. Henry and Mahlon moved to Racine, WI /Minnesota. Thaddeus stayed in Rochester as did Pierson, who was a well known judge in that city. John was a "prominent businessman" in Rochester. The family home was located at 15 Joslyn Park. John died 6 March 1877 and is buried in Mt. Hope Cemetery. John Hulett was somehow related to Silas P. Hulett in Sodus and, I believe, a William and Hannah Hulett in Sodus (found only in the U.S. 1850 Census). That Census shows a Mahlon and Pierson Hulett living with William and Hannah, who appear to be the same as the children of John and Almira. I have an autograph book of my great grandmother (Georgia Augusta Hulett of Rochester) which is signed "Your cousin...." by Silas Hulett's children. I have also found newspaper articles in which John and Almira visit Hulett relatives in Sodus. I have contacted Renssalaer County where there is no record of a Hulett family. I have also researched several generations of Silas Hulett's family - including one John Matthew Hulett , born 1802, but who married a Lucinda Jay and moved to (and later died in) Winnebago Co., Illinois. Any information or leads about John Hulett would be greatly appreciated -- or any suggestions as to where I might continue my research. Thank you so much.

Find a board about a specific topic