I am interested in learning anything about Henry Brewer Karr and Sally Pike’s Family, and connecting his children to them (I have the death certificate for Adeline Karr).
He was the son of Jonathan Karr and Catharina Brouwer, he was born 15 Apr 1788 in Schaghticoke, Rensselaer County, New York and his wife Sally was born about 1792 in Vermont. They had five children;
1. Joel Karr, born about 1813, died September 1860 due to Consumption in Wolcott, Wayne County, NY. He married Lucretia Hill (born, about 1815 in UNKNOWN County, NY – died, UNKNOWN)
2. Adeline Karr, born about 1815, died 2 February 1900 in Pierson Township, Montcalm County, MI. Never married, moved from Wolcott, Wayne County, NY to Michigan following the death of her mother in 1870.
3. John H. Karr, born about 1818, last seen in 1870 US Census living in Wayne County, NY. He married Polly M. Brooks (born, 1831 in UNKNOWN County, NY – died, 23 Oct 1873 in Peirson, Montcalm, MI), NOTE: death record states that she was a widow, she was the daughter of Rodman Brooks and Debra MNU.
4. Cordellia C Karr, born about 1821 in Junius, Seneca County, NY, died in about 1863 in Wolcott, Wayne County, NY. She was married to Lewis Cornelius Burr (born, 1819 in Halfmoon, Saratoga, NY – died, 31 Jan 1864 in Wolcott, Wayne County, NY), he was the son of Anson Burr and Clarissa MNU.
5. Charlotte Karr, born about 1825 in Junius, Seneca County, NY, Died in about 1859 in Jackson County, Michigan. She was married to William Henery VanNortwick (born, 15 Nov 1820 in Hudson, Columbia, NY – KIA, 9 Sep 1864 in Marietta, Cobb, Georgia), he was the son of Philip VanNortwick and Christina Delemeter.
1820 US Census, Seneca, New YorkTotal All Persons-5; Males Under 10=2; Males 26-44=1; Females Under 10=1; Females 26-44=1; Employed in Agriculture=1
1830 US Census, Junius, Seneca, New YorkTotal All Persons-7; Males 10-14=2; Males 40-49=1; Females Under 5=1; Females 5-9=1; Females 10-14=1; Females 30-39=1
1840 US Census, Wolcott, Wayne County, NY;
Total All Persons-7; Males 20-29=2; Males 50-59=1; Females 10-14=1; Females 15-19=2; Females 40-49=1; Employed in Agriculture=3
1850 US Census, Wolcott, Wayne County, NY;
Henry B Carr, age 62; Sally Carr, age 58
1860 US Census, Wolcott, Wayne County, NY;
Henry B Carr, age 73; Sally Carr, age 68; Adeline Carr; age 45
This family is found with the spelling of Karr – Carr – Kerr-VanderKarr. Finding this information was helped and based on my cousin’s web page and the hints she posted under Lewis C Burr.
**1863 Apr 19 letter from L.C. Burr, Wolcott to J.H. Burr (original: Grace Powell)"Martha here today, disappointed because Stephen didn't write. John Carr (Cordelia's brother?) was here today, tells George they are as well as could be expected."http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/e/i/c/Stephanie-M...
This led me to this web page;http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brouwergen...
Need help proving due to much of what I found is based on supposition