The history of Palmyra starts on pg. 134 and a section titled "ORIGINAL AND PIONEER OWNERS" starts on pg. 136. The section lists the land owners and gives a vague description of where their property was located. Isaac is the last owner mentioned, page 137. It reads: "The next was a farm of two hundred and forty acres, the farm of Jonah and Isaac Howell; this was adjoining the present limits of Palmyra village, which will extend to the Macedon line , and will have future reference."
On pg. 138, the book is relaying various life stories of Palmyra families. As far as the Howell family goes, it reads: "The Howells - Isaac, Jonah, and Gilbert - arrived by the northern inland route with irons and stones for a saw- and grist- mill, which was in operation by September 1, 1793. It was located on a small stream a half-mile east of the village of Palmyra."
Page 209 is the SUPPLEMENT to the book, with the sub-heading "Articles received too late to insert under proper headings."
The first entry in the supplement is titled "The Methodist Episcopal Church of East Palmyra." It starts out with: "The legal incorporation of this church and society bears date the 8th day of May, 1834, and is signed by Samuel Moore, first, and Jacob Howell, second." The article then goes on to name the trustees, etc., but Jacob's name is not mentioned again.