Search for content in message boards

Walsh in Clyde NY circa 1904 Photos

Replies: 1

Walsh of County Kerry, Ireland in Clyde, Wayne, New York

Posted: 1507064704000
Classification: Query
Surnames: Walsh, Mead, Travis, Meehan, Bills, Gane
I don't know if you are still active. But I think that I can identify one of the Walsh families from Clyde that was from the Ballybunion area.

We are descended from the Walshes of Tullamore on County Kerry. And we have done DNA testing. And I believe that one of my 4th cousin DNA matches is descended from Edward "Ned" Walsh who lived in Clyde. Edward was married to Ellen/Ella Mead. Their children included Mary b 1855, Matthew b 1858, William b 1860, Ellen b 1862, John T b 1865, Catherine 1870, Elizabeth b 1874, James b 1876, and Ann b 1878. (Years are approximate based on censuses, etc). Mary m. Michael Travis and lived in Clyde. Matthew lived in Syracuse. John T lived in St Joseph, MO (and then Des Moines, IA). Catherine m. William Bills and lived in Fairport. Elizabeth m. Thomas Meehan and lived in Clyde. Ann (or Ellen?) m. M E Gane and lived in Auburn. Most of that info was obtained from Mary's 1910 obit from the Rochester paper. The father Edward and William, Ellen (or Ann?), and James appear to have been deceased by that time. I believe that several of them are buried in the Clyde cemetery under the name of Walsh (though like many others in Clyde, they seem to have gone by Welch in the censuses). Per the Wayne Co genweb site, there is one grouping of graves in the St John's cemetery in Clyde with Edward, William and Nellie (no dates), whom I believe were some of the earlier ones to pass. There is another grouping with James who d 1908, as well as Matthew who d in 1923 and the mother Ellen who d in 1924.

I hope that helps.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Margaret_Carm... 967464000000 
welchkirlin 1507064704000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic