William W. Johnson, born Oct 10, 1824, son of John Johnson and Alyce Watson. William married Martha Robinson. William died Nov. 8, 1900, Martha died before William. They are both buried in Willow Glen Cemetery, but their monument is in very poor condition and hard to read, so I do not have a death date yet for Martha.
They had the following children:
1. Earl Johnson b. abt. Mar 1862 Ohio died Oct. 17, 1927, Town of Caroline, NY
2. Elizabeth Johnson "Libbie" b. 1862, married Bowne Mulks, children: Clinton W. & Nancy Louise
3. Ellen Johnson b. 1868 Dryden, Tompkins Co., NY, married LeRoy J. Heffron
4. Mary Margaret Johnson b. 1870 Tompkins Co., NY, married Frank Thompson
5. Martha Johnson b. 1875 Tompkins Co., NY (no other information at this time)
William W. Johnson's parents: John and Alyce were both born in England. John and Alyce came to NY and had William here, then they returned to England, had more children, then in 1841 came to NY. On their way coming to America, a child was born, Caroline Johnson, her birth record is stated to be NY, but she was born on the ship coming from England. Once they were here in America they had more children. I have much information on this Johnson family. You will find the John Johnson, born in England mostly living in the Town of Dryden from 1850 on, some of his family settled in Town of Caroline.
May I ask, how are you related to William and Martha Robinson Johnson?
Janet M. Nash