Search for content in message boards

James Sutfin

Replies: 0

James Sutfin

Ina Sutfin (View posts)
Posted: 969969600000
Classification: Will
Surnames: SUTFIN
346 OF a Surrogate Court held in and for the County of Tompkins, at the office of the

Surrogate of the said County, in the town of Ithaca on the 28th day of March in the

year 1881.

Present Vin______? Lyon Surrogate

In the matter of Proving the Last Will and Testament of

James Sutfin

Deceased

An Instrument, purporting to be the last Will and Testament of James Sutfin
bearing date the 11th day of July in the year 1874, was produced in court, and shown to
each of the persons sworn as witnesses, as hereinafter mentioned.

Richard Lanning of the Town of Groton in the county of Tompkins, being first duly sworn
deposeth and saith, that he was acquainted with the above mentioned James Sutfin, deceased
in his lifetime; that he saw the said James Sutfin deceased subscribe at the end thereof,
the instrument now shown to this deponent purporting to be the last Will and Testament
of said James Sutfin and above described that he heard the said James Sutfin declare the
same to be his last Will and Testament; that this deponent subscribed his name as a witness
thereto in the presence and at the request of the said James Sutfin that the said James Sutfin
was at the time , in the opinion and belief of this deponent, of sound mind and memory and not
under any restraint; and that he was about 79 years of age; that he died on or about the 9th day of
February in the year 1881, and was a resident of the town of Dryden in the county of Tompkins
at the time of his death.

Richard Laning signature

Sworn and examined before me

V________? Lyon Surrogate }

Hannah Mericle of the town of Dryden in the county of Tompkins being first duly sworn,
deposeth and saith that she was acquainted with the above mentioned James Sutfin deceased ,
in his lifetime; at the end thereof, the instrument now shown to this deponent, purporting
to be the last Will and Testament of the said James Sutfin and above described; that she heard the
said James Sutfin declare the same to be his last Will and Testament; that this deponent subscribed her name as a witness thereto in the presence and at the request of the said James Sutfin; that the said James
Sutfin was at the time, in the opinion and belief of this deponent, of sound mind and memory,
and not under any restraint; and that he was about 79 years of age; that he died on or about the 9th
day of February in the year 1881, and was a resident of the town of Dryden in the county of Tompkins
at the time of his death.

Hannah Mericle Signature

Sworn and examined before me
Vin______? Lyon Surrogate }

Said last Will and Testament is in the words or figures following to wit:

In the name of God, Amen. I James Sutfin of the Town of
Dryden in the County of Tompkins and State of New York, being
of sound mind and memory + considering the uncertainty of this
frail and tursitory life, do therefore, make , ordain and publish +
declare this to be my last Will + Testament, that is to say, after all my lawful
debts are paid + discharged, the reserve of my estate real and personal, I give,
bequeath + dispose of as follows, to wit: All my estate real + personal to my
well beloved wife Amy Sutfin. Likewise I make constitute and appoint my son
George W. Sutfin to be executor of this my last Will and Testament hereby
revoking all former Wills by me made. In a______? Whereof I have hereunto
subscribed my name and affixed my seal the Eleventh day of July in the year
of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and seventy four.

James Sutfin L.S.

The above written instrument was at the date then of subscribed by the said
James Sutfin in our presence and acknowledged by him to each of us and
he at the same time, publish and declare the above instrument is subscribed
to be his last Will and Testament + we at this testators request + in his presence +
in the presence of each other have signed our names as witnesses hereto and
written opposite our names our respective place of residence:

R. Lanning, McLean, Tompkins Co. NY
Hannah Mericle, Dryden, Tompkins Co. NY

In the Same Matter:

Satisfactory proof having been made and filed of the due service of the Citation heretofore
issued in this matter, requiring the proper persons to appear in this court on the 28th day of March,
A.D. 1881, at 10 o'clock in the forenoon and attend the Probate of the last Will and Testament of
James Sutfin late of the town of Dryden, in the county of Tompkins and State of New York, deceased,
George W. Sutfin, sole executor in the said will entered, having appeared in support of the proof
of the said last Will and Testament after hearing the proofs and allegations of the said executor
had duly deliberating theron; It is Adjudged and decreed that the said last Will and Testament was
duly executed; that the same is genuine and valid; and that the said James Sutfin deceased at
the time of executing the same was in respect competent to make last Will and Testament and to
devise Real Estate and was not under any restraint. And this court doth further order and decree that
the said last Will and Testament be admitted to Probate and that the same be and hereby is established
as a Will of Real and Personal Estate.

Dated the 28th day of March 1881

V___________? Lyon Surrogate

TOMPKINS COUNTY ss:

I do hereby certify that the foregoing is a true record of the original last Will
and Testament of James Sutfin late of the Town of Dryden, Tompkins County NY deceased and
of the original proofs relating thereto.
Dated: Ithaca NY this 28th day of March 1881.

V_____? Lyon Surrogate

Find a board about a specific topic