Posted: 969948000000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1017811831000
Surnames: THOMAS
THOMAS, John W. of Dryden, NY 1880

Tompkins Co., NY Vol. Q Page 126

Probate date: October 28, 1882

In the name of God Amen:

I, John W. Thomas of Dryden in the county of Tompkins and the State of New York, being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of this life, do therefore make and declare this to be my last Will and Testament viz.

First. after all my debts are paid and discharged, I give and bequeath to my beloved Wife Cassandra the sole and full use of my estate of every name and description both real and personal so long as she shall remain my widow.

2nd Whenever my said wife Cassandra shall cease to be my widow by contracting a second marriage or by death, then I give and bequeath to my son Walter B. all of my estate of every name and description both real and personal to have and to hold to all intent and purposes.

3rd It is my will and desire that my said wife Cassandra shall accept this Will instead and in Lieu of her rights of dower.

In Witness Whereof I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal the eighteenth day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and eighty.

John Thomas

Witnesses:
David A. Chatfield
D. Bush Hammond

Marcus Lyon Surrogate

Find a board about a specific topic