Will of Newton R. McCutcheon

Replies: 0

Will of Newton R. McCutcheon

Posted: 969624000000
Classification: Will
Edited: 994627287000
Surnames: McCUTCHEON, EMMONS, RAUB
Will of Newton R. McCutchen, Etna, N.Y. Dated Dec. 30, 1903
I, Newton R. McCutchen, aged 71 years, of the Town of Dryden in the County of Tompkins and State of New York, being of sound mind and memory, do make, publish, and declare this my last Will and Testament; in manner following, that is to say:

First.--I direct that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid.

Second.--I give and devise to my sister Arvilla Emmons, the use and income of my house and lot in the Village of Etna, where she now resides, during her life time.

Third.--I give and devise to my niece Ellen Raub Brown of Pasadena, Cal. (daughter of my sister Mary Etta Raub deceased) all my undivided one-half interest in and to the one hundred acres of land, more or less, where I now reside and have resided since boyhood. Also one half interest in and to the 60 acres of land more or less in the Town of Dryden, N.Y., about one half mile east from where I now live and owned by my father at his death.

Fourth.--All the rest, residue and remainder of my property real and personal, I give, bequeath, and devise to my beloved wife Alvina B. McCutchen, the same to be in lieu of all dower rights in my real estate.

Lastly.--I hereby appoint my wife Alvina B. McCutchen, executrix and Charles Morris executor of this my last Will and Testament: hereby revoking all former Wills by me made.
In witness whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name the 30th day of December, in the year One thousand nine hundred and three.

Newton R. McCutchen
The usual attention clause, the witnesses being:

Simeon Smith Ithaca, N.Y.

E. S. Burr Etna, N.Y.

Minnie Burr Etna, N.Y.

Proved in Surrogate's Court for the County of Tompkins, on the 17th day of June, 1904.

Find a board about a specific topic