SUTFIN, William H.

Posted: 969969600000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1017837031000
Surnames: SUTFIN, SHAVER, DEREE, DURYEA, COTANCH
SUTFIN, William H. of Dryden, NY 1854

Tompkins Co., NY Vol. G page 352
Probate date: 20 July 1854

I, William H. Sutfin considering the uncertainty of this mortal life and being of sound disposing mind & memory do hereby make, publish & declare this my last will and testament, that is to say.

Item 1 I give and bequeath unto my youngest son James G. Sutfin the sum of three hundred dollars payable within one year after my decease if he shall then be of full age if not then payable when he shall attain the full age of twenty one years.

Item 2 I give and bequeath unto my beloved wife Mary Sutfin the use of all the rest residue & remainder of my personal estate of every nature & kind soever, for & during the period of her natural life subject to such free use, management & disposal by her as shall be necessary to the end that she shall be well & comfortably maintained through life, I also give and bequeath to her my said wife the interest from year to year on the one equal third part of the net fund produced by the sale of my real estate as hereinafter provided for such third part of the said fund to be invested at interest on bond and mortgage securities by my executors who are to receive & pay to her the interest accruing theron from year to year during the period of her natural life.

And it is also my will & I hereby ordain & direct that so long as any portion of my real estate shall remain unsold after my death the rents & profits of what so remains unsold after paying for needful repairs shall be paid by my executors to my said wife viz to be deemed with respect to her right to use and enjoy the same & for all purposes whatsoever as constituting a part of my personal estate.

The foregoing provision or bequeath to my said wife I declare to be in lieu of her rights of dower out of my estate real & personal.

Item 3 As to my personal estate the use whereof is so given to my said wife, I give and bequeath what shall remain thereof at her death to my five children Phebe Jane wife of Ira Shaver Eliza wife of Richard Deree (later spelling- Duryea) Aurelia wife of Issac Cotanch William J. Sutfin & James G. Sutfin to be equally divided between them.

Item 4 I will & ordain & I hereby empower my executors as soon after my decease as practicable to sell & convey to the best advantage the farm whereon I reside at Dryden & all my other real estate wheresoever situated executing good & sufficient deeds of conveyance therefor to purchaser or purchasers & of the net fund produced thereby the one equal third part to invest at interest for the use of my wife as hereinbefore provided & mentioned & the other two third parts to divide & pay over equally to & among my said children excepting that from the share going to the said Aurelia the sum of four hundred dollars to my son James G. Sutfin herein before given if not then previously paid, the balance in that case & the whole in case such legacy shall have already paid to be deemed to constitute a part of my personal estate & to follow the disposition provided under Item 3 in this my last Will & Testament.

And I further ordain & direct that my executors shall lease or rent my real estate to the best advantage until same can be sold as aforesaid.

And lastly I hereby nominate and appoint my son William J. Sutfin and my son in law Richard Deree my executors of this my last Will & Testament hereby revoking all former Wills by me made.

In testimony whereof I have hereto set my hand & seal this second day of May in the year, one thousand eight hundred fifty four.

William H. Sutfin LS

Witnesses:
Hiram Bouton residing in Dryden, Tompkins Co., NY
Henry C. Beach residing in Dryden, Tompkins Co., NY

D. Boardman County Judge

Find a board about a specific topic