Search for content in message boards

WILL OF REUBEN DARLING

Replies: 0

WILL OF REUBEN DARLING

Posted: 958996800000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1000945393000
Surnames: DARLING, BEMENT, CONGER, FRANCIS, WILLIAMS, SPAULDING, VANVALKENBURGH
Will of Reuben Darling: Written March 18, 1867; Proved Sept 27, 1870.

"In the name of God, Amen. I Reuben Darling of the town of Dryden in the county of Tompkins and state of New York being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of life do therefore make or draw hubbroh and declare this to be my last will and testament, that is to say First. After all my lawful debts are paid and discharged the residual of my estate real and personal, I give, devise & bequeath and dispose of as following. To wit:

To my well beloved wife Hannah Ann Darling in lieu of dower, one thousand dollars, likewise all my household furniture, also one red cow, or in case said cow be dead, then her choice of my cows instead.

To my daughter Sarah E. Bement, eight hundred dollars. To my daughter Rebecca J. Conger, eight hundred dollars. I further direct that my executor hereinafter named shall sell and convey all my real estate situated in the village of McLean in the said county of Tompkins at such time as he shall deem most advantageous to my estate. I further direct that after paying the above mentioned legacies, my debts, and funeral expenses, my executor make a distribution of the balance or of my estate equally among my wife Hannah Ann Darling, my daughter Sarah E Bement, and my daughter Rebecca J. Conger or their heirs. I hereby constitute and appoint Patterson Francis Executor of this my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all former wills by me made.

In accordance hereof, I have herein to subscribed my name and affixed my seal on this eighteenth day of March, this Year of our Lord, one thousand eighteen hundred and sixty seven. Reuben Darling (LS)

The above written instrument was subscribed by the said Reuben Darling in our presence ^ acknowledged by him to each of us, and he at the same time finished & declared the above instrument so subscribed to his last will and Testament, and we at the bequest of the testator, and in his presence, have signed our names as witnesses hereto, and written opposite our names, our respective places of residence.

Barnabus Williams, McLean Tompkins Co, NY
Wm H or N Spaulding, McLean, Tompkins Co, NY

I certify the foregoing to be a true record of the Last Will and Testament of Reuben Darling, late of the town of Dryden, Tompkins county, deceased and the original proofs relating thereto.

M. Vanvalkenburgh, Surrogate

Find a board about a specific topic