Surrogate Court proceeding 19 October 1903

Bradford Almy, Surrogate
George E. Underwood, witness
Philip S. Snyder, witness
M. M. Sweetland, Esq., attorney
Sally Grover, deceased, 26 August, 1903

--------------------------------
Last Will and Testament

I, Sally Grover of the Town of Dryden in the county of Tompkins and State of New York, being of sound mind and memory, do make, publish and declare this my last Will and Testament, in manner following, that is to say:

First. I direct that all my just debts, and funeral expenses be paid.
Second. I give and bequeath to my brother Jacob E. Brown and Sarah A. Brown his wife my house and lot in Varna, N.Y.
Third. I give and bequeath to the aforesaid Sarah A. Brown, Three Hundred Dollars.
Fourth. I give to the three children of my brother Daniel Brown, or their heirs, One Hundred Dollars, each.
Fifth. I give to the three children of my brother John Brown or their heirs, Fifty Dollars each.
Sixth. I give to the two children of my brother William W. Brown or their heirs Fifty Dollars each.
Seventh. I give to the three children of my brother Jacob E. Brown or their heirs One Hundred Dollars each.
Eighth. I give the residue and remainder of my estate to my brother Jacob E. Brown and Sarah A. Brown his wife, share and share alike.

Lastly, I hereby appoint my brother Jacob E. Brown of the Town of Groton, Tomp. Co., N.Y. executor of this, my last Will and Testament: hereby revoking all former wills by me made.

In Witness whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name the Twenty-Fifth day of October, in the year one thousand nine hundred and one.

Sally Grover

We, whose names are hereto subscribed, Do Certify, that on the 25th day of October 1901 Sally Grover of the Town of Dryden, Tomp. Co., N.Y. the testator, subscribed her name to this instrument in our presence and in the presence of each of us, and at the same time, in our presence and hearing, declared the same to be her last Will and Testament, and requested us, and each of us to sign our names thereto as witnesses to the execution thereof, which we hereby do in the presence of the testator and of each other on the said date, and write opposite our names our respective places of residence.

G. E. Underwood residing at the Town of Dryden, N.Y.

P. S. Snyder residing at the Town of Dryden, N.Y.

Find a board about a specific topic