Search for content in message boards

Will of Anna Dennis

Replies: 0

Will of Anna Dennis

Posted: 933768000000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1078455831000
Surnames: Dennis, Personius, VanDemark, Voorhis
In the name of God Amen. I Anna Dennis of the town of Caroline in the county of Tompkins and the state of New York. Of the age of forty nine years being of sound mind and memory do publish and declare this my last will and testament in manner following that is to say.
First. I will and bequeth all my real estate which shall be divided into eleven shares when my youngest son shall have become of age as follows. To my son Eli two shares, to my son Daniel W? two shares, and to my son Christopher two shares. Also to my daughter Roxina one share, to my daughter Martha Ann one share, to my daughter Phebe Ann one share, to my daughter Sarah Nancy one share, and to my daughter Charlotte Caroline one share-
I also declare that my sons whose names are above stated shall have the privilege of keeping the Real Estate in their possession and of purchasing the same on conditions that they shall pay to my daughters their share as above stated when my youngest child shall have become of age.
I also declare and it is undestood that my son Eli is to pay a certain mortgage which is now on my Real Estate payable to Isaac H. Hawley which if the said Eli fails to perform, then the amount of the said mortgage which is four hundred dollars together with the interest is to be deducted from his the said Eli Dennis share.
Second, I give and devise to my youngest daughters their support and maintainance until they shall have become of age, which shall be paid out of the interest of the Real Estate.
Third. I also give and devise to my daughters Phebe Ann,Sarah Nancy, and Charlotte Caroline as they become of age,as much as was given to my Elder daughters, at the time of their marriages which sum shall be paid out of the interest of my real estate and the residue of the interest shall be appreciated to the keeping said estate in repair.
And lastly I give and bequeth to my daughters each all my personal property to be divided equally between them share and share alike.And I do hereby appoint William Personius sole executor of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made.
In wittness where of I have herein set my hand and seal this 18th day of September in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and fifty six.
Anna Dennis L.S.

________
Anna Dennis daughter of Daniel Voorhis and Amy Walker died the 18th of December 1857. She is buried in the Dennis cemetery in Caroline. Her husband Peter Dennis moved to Jasper, Steuben County and married Mary Quick.
William Personius is the brother-in-law to Anna Dennis having married her sister Julia Almira Voorhis.
Charlotte Caroline Dennis her daughter married Benjamin VanDeMark of Caroline.

Find a board about a specific topic