Search for content in message boards

Harrison Van Order

Replies: 6

Harrison Van Order

John Vanorder (View posts)
Posted: 925214400000
Classification: Will
Surnames: Van Order
I Harrison VAN ORDER of the Town of Danby, County of Tompkins and State of New York, do make, ordain, publish and declare this to be my last Will and Testament, in manner and form following, that is to say:
first, - I direct the payment of my just debts, if any.
Second, - I give to my wife Hattie E. VAN ORDER, the use of all my property real and personal for and during the term of her natural life; with full power and authority to use from the principal thereof so much as she may see fit.
third, - I give to my grandchildren, Reuben H. VAN ORDER, Hattie VAN ORDER and Harry P. VAN ORDER, all of my property that may remain unused at the time of the death of my wife; and in case of her prior death, then I give to my said grandchildren all the property of which I shall die possessed.
Likewise, I make, constitue and appoint my wife Hattie E. VAN ORDER to be executrix of this, my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all former wills by me made. In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal, the 29th day of April, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and ninety seven.

Harrison VAN ORDER
We, whose names are hereto subscribed, do cerify that Harrison VAN ORDER the testator, subscribed his name to this instrument in our presence, and in the presence of each of us, and at the same time he declared in our presence and hearing that the same was his last Will and Testament, and requested us, and each of us, to sign our names thereto as witnesses to the execution thereof, and which we hereby do in the presence of the testator and of each other, this 29th day of April 1897, the day of the date of the said Will, and write opposite our names our respective places of residence.
W. H. Brown, residing at Ithaca, NY.
Chas w. Major, residing at Ithaca, NY.

Know all Men by these presents that we, Reuben H. VAN ORDER as principal, and L. A. Gage and William WILSON both of the Town of Danby, NY as sureties, are held and firmly bund unto the People of the State of new York in the sum of Four Thousand dollars, lawful money of the United States of America, to be paid to the said People; to which payment, well and truly to be made, we bind ouselves, our and each of our heirs, executors and administrators, jointly and severally, firmly by these presents.
Sealed with our seals, and dated this 14th day of January 1902
The Condition of this obligation is such that, if the above bounden Reuben H. VAN ORDER shall faithfully discharge the trust reposed in him as administrator of, al and singular, the good, chattels and credits of Harrison VAN ORDER late of the town of Danby, in the County of Tompkins, deceased, intestate, and also obey all lawful decrees and orders of the Surrogate's Court of the County of Tompkins, touching the administration of the estate committed to him, then this obligation to be void; otherwise to remain in full force and virtue.

Reuben H. VAN ORDER

Wm. H. WILCOX

L. A. GAGE
On this 15th day of January, 1902 personally appeared before me Reuben H. VAN ORDER, L. A. GAGE and William WILCOX to me known to be the same persons described in, and who executed, the above bond, and severally acknowledged that they executed the same.

H. J. TUTHILL

Justice of the Peace

Surrogate's Court, Tompkins County, New York
In the Mater of the Estate of Harrison VAN ORDER, deceased

To the Surrogate's Court of Tompkins County:
The person of Reuben H. VAN ORDER respectfully shows:

First: That Harrison VAN ORDER late of the Town of Danby in said county, died at Town of Danby, NY on the 30th day of November, 1901 leaving a last Will and Testament, dated the 29th day of April, 1897 which was executed according to the laws of the State of new York, to the execution of which will W. H. BROWN of Ithaca, NY and Chas W. MAJOR of Ithaca, NY were witnesses and said will names, Hattie E. VAN ORDER as executrix thereof who died on or about the 29th day of Nov 1899, and your petitioner one of the residering legatees and one qualified to act as administrator, asks to be appointed administrator with the will annexed.
Second: That said Harrison VAN ORDER was at, and for 30 years immediately prior to his death a resident of the Town of Danby in said county.
Third: That said will relates to both real and personal property, and the value of the personal propery of said deceased does not exceed the sum of Two thousand dollars ($2,000.00.
Fourth: That the said deceased left him surviving no wife.
Fifth: That the following are all the heirs-at-law and next of kin of said deceased, their relationship to the deceased and their places of residence:
Reuben H. VAN ORDER, grandchild, residing at Town of Danby, NY.
Hattie VAN ORDER, grandchild, residing at the Town of Danby, NY.
Harry P. VAN ORDER, grandchild, residing at the City of Elmira, NY.
That Norman VAN ORDER, a son of said deceased and father of the above named heirs left his family over fifteen years ago and your petitioner believes him to be dead, nothing having been heard from him by his relatives for more than ten years last past.
Sixth: That all of the foregoing are of full age and sound mind.
Seventh: That no petition for the probate of said will or for Letters of administration in said estate has been filed in any Surrogate's Court of this State.
Wherefore your petitioner prays that the said will may be proved and established and Letters Testamentary granted thereon to your petitioner.
Reuben H. VAN ORDER, and that heirs-at-law and next of kin may be cited to attend the probate of said will, and for such order as may be necessary in relation thereto.

Reuben H. VAN ORDER

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Vanorder 925214400000 
patyenik 1054523280000 
suevannurden 1146593563000 
Rose Wright 1201729459000 
KenMillion471... 1208600291000 
SallyBAILEY84 1208632263000 
patyenik 1208636446000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic