Search for content in message boards

Will of Sarah Van Order

Replies: 0

Will of Sarah Van Order

Posted: 924760800000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1107424174000
Surnames: Van Order, Gunn, Hammond
In the name of the God amen. I Sarah Van Order of the Village of Ithaca, County of Tompkins and State of New York being of sound mind and memory and considering the uncertainty of this frail and transitory life, do therefore make ordain, publish and declare this to be my last Will and Testiment, that is to say;
First, - After all my lawful debts are paid and discharged, I give and beqneath to my son Franklin Van Order the house and lot situated on the corner of Lerois Street and Cayuga Avenue in the Village of Ithaca. This being the same premises on which I now reside. Subject however to the payment of two hundred and twenty five dollars to my son William Hammond, and also the payment of seventy five dollars to my daughter Sarah Frances, and also the payment of five dollars each to my daughters, Caroline Gunn and Ann Eliza Van Order and my sons Lewis Hammond and Ardenno Hammond. All of which is hereby made a charge upon the property until paid. And I hereby direct my Executor herein after named to pay the several sums herein devised within two years after my decease.
Likewise I make constitute and appoint my son Franklin Van Order to be Executor of this my last Will and Testament hereby revoking all former Wills by me made.
In Witness whereof I have hereinto subscribed my name and affixed my seal the ninth day of April in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty eight.
Sarah Van Order.

The above written instrument was subscribed by the said Sarah van Order in our presence and acknowledged by her to each of us: and she at the same time declared the above instrument so subscribed, to be her Last Will and Testament; and we at her request have singed our names as witnesses hereto and written opposite our names our respective places of residence.
Ann C. Davenport, Ithaca, Tompkins Co., NY
Marilla B. Martine, Ithaca, Tompkins Co., NY
I certify the foregiving to be a true record of the Last Will and Testament of Sarah Van Order, deceased and of the original proofs relating thereto.
M. VanValkenburgh, Surrogate.
[note: Sarah died 8 May 1868, she was widow of Moses Van Order, Sr., per 1850 Town of Ithaca census, # 823-855, which names all of her children except Caroline and Ann Eliza.]

Find a board about a specific topic