Search for content in message boards

Will of Maria Van Order

Replies: 0

Will of Maria Van Order

Posted: 924782400000
Classification: Will
Edited: 1107449374000
Surnames: VAN ORDER, SHEPERD, STONE, MERICLE
I Maria Van Order of Jacksonville, Tompkins County, New York, do make, ordain, publish and declare this my last Will and Testament, in manner and form following, that is to say: First,- I direct the payment of my just debts, if any, and my funeral expenses.
Second,- I give and bequeath to my Grand daughter Kittie Sheperd my sewing machine, one bedstead, one matress, one stand, one bed all of which are in front bedroom. I also give her all my wearing apparel and that of her Mother now deceased.
Third, - I give and bequeath unto my Grand Son, Frank A. Stone, during the term of his natural life my house and lot in Jacksonville, N.Y. Also all my household furniture except the above mention, which I have given to my Granddaughter Kittie Shepard.
Fourth, - I give an bequeath unto my sons, Hezekiah and William Van Order, the lot of land that I purchased of Richard Culver. The above lot of land is discribed in the Deed which is recorded in the Clerks Office of Tompkins County, New York.
Likewise, I make, constitute and appoint Richard C. Taylor to be executor of this my last Will and Testament, hereby revoking all former Wills by me made. In Witness Whereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal, the fourth day of November in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and ninety five. Her mark, Maria Van Order.

The above-written instrument was subscribed by the said Maria Van Order in our presence, and acknowledged by her to each of us; and she at the same time declared the above instrument, so subscribed, to be her last Will and Testament; and we, at her request and in her presence, and in the presence of each other, do here sign as witnesses thereto. signed, Richard C. Taylor, Emily A. Taylor.

To the Surrogates Court of the County of Tompkins in the State of new York;
The petition of John VanBuskirk of the town of Ulysses County of Tompkins and State of New York respectfully shows:
1. That Maria VanOrder a resident of town County and State last aforesaid, died on the 8th day of March 1896 at Ulysses County of Tompkins, State of New York.
2. That said decedent died possessed of certain real estate of the value of not to exceed $500.; and to the list of petitioner's information and belief of little or not personal property that to the list of petitioners information and belief said personal property would not exceed in value the sum of $25.00.
3. That petitioner is informed and believes deceased left a written wil of real estate, divising her real estate to one Frank Stone, a grandson, herein after described during his natural life, and at his death remainder over to her heirs herein after described; and as petitioner is informed and heirs appointing one of said heirs executer of said last will and testament.
That no petition for the probate of said will ahs been filed in any surrogate's court of this state, as your petitioner is informed and heirs. Nor has any administrates or administarates with will an----- been appointed, nor has any petition for such appointment been filed in any surrogate's court of this state to the best of petitioner's information and belief.
That said deceased left her surviving no husband and the following are all the heirs and next of kin of said deceased, and each and all of them are more than 21 years of age.
William A. Van Order, son, residing at Ithaca, N.Y.
Hezekiah Van Order, son residing at Jacksonville, N.Y.
Frank Stone, grandson, residing at Jacksonville, N.Y.
Kate Mericle, grand-daughter, residing at Ithaca, N.Y.
That your petitioner, is a crediter of said deceased, upon an amount for funeral expenses, petitioner hired the undertaker who buried her, and no part of his account and bill as such having been paid.
Wherefor petitioner pray,
1. That said written will may be proved, and that a citation be directed to said heirs-at-law of deceased requiring them to attend the probate thereof. Or to show cause why said will should not be proved. Dated May 18, 1897. John Van Buskirk, petitioner.

State of New York
Tompkins County
John VanBuskirk being duly sworn says he is the petitioner above named, that he has read the foregoing petition and knows, the contents there of and that the source is true of his own knowledge except as to matters therein stated to so alleged upon information and belief and that as to these matters he believes it to be true. Subscribed and sworn to before me May 20th 1897, signed,John Van Buskirk
John Kerst, Notary Public

Find a board about a specific topic