Search for content in message boards

Will of Hezekiah Clark

Replies: 0

Will of Hezekiah Clark

Tom Howard (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: CLARK
Tompkins Co., NY Surrogates Records; Hezekiah Clark, Will Record: Surrogate Record Book A, page 169:

Last Will and Testament of Hezekiah Clark of Tioga Co., NY. In the name of God, Amen. I Hezekiah Clark of the town of Danby in the County of Tioga and state of New York being weak of body but of sound mind and memory, do this ninth day of November in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred adn twenty two make and publish this my Last Will and Testament in manner following that is to say- ? to my son Uri Clark I give one hundred and ten dollars. Item.Then I give and devise to my son Calvin Clark and to his heirs and assigns for ? all that certain piece or parcel of land ? I am now ? on the north side of the turnpike Road in the town of Danby aforesaid, excepting and reserving thereabouts about three acres where my wagon house now stands and I do also give to my last said son Calvin, Ten dollars. Item. To my daughter Abigail I give seventy dollars. Item. To my daughter Sylvia I give eighty dollars. Item. To the infant child of my daughter Esther-lately deceased, I give and bequethe the sum of one hundred and thirteen dollars to be paid to from by my Executor when she shall attain to the age of twenty one years or at the time of her marriage if that should take place before she arrives to that age, and in case the said infant should die before she marrieds or attains to the age of twenty one years then the legacy hereby given to her shall rest in and belong solely to my son Hezekiah. Item. All the rest and residue of my goods and chattels and personal property and estate I give to my son Hezekiah and all the rest and residue of my lands and tenements wtih the appurtenances thereunto belonging, I give and devise to my son Hezekiah and to his heirs and assignees forever. I do hereby Will and declare and ordain thats all the ? Legacies payable in ? ? (except the Legacy to the infant child of my daughter Esther lately deceased) shall? timely be paid in manner ? thats is to say the one half of each in and ? the residue in two years from and after my decease. Lastly I do hereby make nad ordaing and appoint my said son Hezekiah the sole Executor of this my Last Will and Testament. In witness hereof the said Hezekiah have ? set my hand and seal the day and year before written. Hezekiah Clark. Signed, sealed, declared and published by the said Hezekiah as his last Will and Testament in the presence of the testator and of each other and at his request. Saml. Parker, Chester W. Lords, J. Hollister.

Tompkins County. Be it remembered that at the Surrogate's Office on the nineteenth day of October in the year of our
Lord one thousand eight hundred and twenty four, personally came and appeared before me, Miles Finch, Surrogate of the
County of Tompkins: Chester W. Lord, who being duly sworn ? and that he says Hezekiah Clark, signed and sealed the
within written instrument purporting to be the Will of the said Hezekiah Clark bearing date November Ninth eighteen
hundred and twenty two, and heard him publish and declare the same ? and for his Last Will and Testament. That at the
time thereof the said Hezekiah Clark was of sound dispoing mind and memory excepting that his mind might have been
some impaired by age, but that he was sufficiently intelligent to make and execute a Last Will and Testament, and that Samuel Parker and J. Hollister, together with the deponent, subscribed the said Will as ? thats in the Testators presence, and that Hezekiah Clark, Executor named in the within written Will, likewise appeared before me and was duly qualified to the execution and ? of the said Will by taking the usual oath of an Executor. Miles Finch, Surrogate.

Find a board about a specific topic