Search for content in message boards

ANDREW J. HOWLAND

Replies: 1

ANDREW J. HOWLAND

Posted: 918882000000
Classification: Will
Edited: 993907625000
Surnames: HOWLAND, KORTS, UPDIKE
I, Andrew J. HOWLAND, aged eighty-foud years, of the city of Ithaca, in the County of Tompkins and State of New York :

First: I direct that all my just debts and funeral expenses be paid.

Second: I give, devise and bequeath to my wife, Henrietta, if she survive me, the use during her life of my house and lot, No. 314 North Plain Steet, in the city of Ithaca, New York and subject to such use I devise the same to my niece, Minnie UPDIKE; and I further give and bequeath to my said wife all household furniture and furnishings and supplies, to be hers absolutely and I further give and bequeath to her Ten Thousand Dollars in cash.

Third: I give and bequeath to Mrs. Catherine KORTS, widow of my cousin, Stephen B. KORTS, deceased, Two Hundred Dollars.

Fourth: I give and bequeath to my Niece, Minnie UPDIKE, the sum of Two Thousand Dollars.

Fifth: I give and bequeath the sum of Four Thousand dollars to the four children of said Minnie UPDIKE; namely
Harvey, Arthur, Leroy and Willie, to be divided equally between them.

Items 6-8: money to State Street Methodist Church of Ithaca; Hayt's Cemetery Assn; Children's Home of Ithaca; Ladies Union Benevolent Society of Ithaca.

In Item 7 where he gives money to Hayt's Cemetery Assn it is to be used in the care of the lot in which "my father, Stephen B. HOWLAND is buried, and of the HARVEY lot, in which my wife, H. Alice Howland, deceased, is buried."

Executors: Wife: Henrietta HOWLAND

William Hazlitt SMITH, of Ithaca

Will dated: 25th day of April 1924

Probated 4th day of June, 1926 and recorded in Book OO of Wills at page 106

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Olive69 918907200000 
@@Roger.Howla... 921067200000 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic